What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 2 User Had Problem Downloading Photos from an SD Card

silaqua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a retired banker and co-owner of a banktech vendor based in Toronto, Ontario.

I'm a seasonal resident in Bonita Springs, FL during the winter months and I currently use my iPad mostly to sit on my lanai and read newspapers and magazines.

I'm learning my way through navigation on the iPad and today I was trying to download some photos from an SD card using the iPad camera connection kit. I connected the adapter and inserted the SD card but it would not download.

I googled for assistance and found the iPad forum site. Searching the site I discovered threads that told me that the SD card probably did not download because my photos were not lodged in a folder labeled DCIM. After making the fix on the SD Card it downloaded beautifully. Thanks to the contributors that explained how to fix the problem.

Sam Ilaqua
Bonita Springs, FL

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your situation/solution and help those that follow. :thumbs:

Welcome again and enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts