What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Check

Kourkoubas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I just got my IPAD 2 this morning (Wifi 32GB black). I had read about the camera quality and i didnt expected much. When i tried the rear camera (0,7 mp) i took photos with a lot of noise in the picture ... When i tried the front camera i took phots with less noise ... thats quite strange .

Here are 2 samples of the same object taken with the 2 cameras of ipad.

Picture takes with the rear camera ...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21731190/camera1.jpg

Picture taken with the front camera...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21731190/camera2.jpg

Please see the pictures and tell me if the "noise" at the picture with the rear camera is normal for IPAD2 ... i keep thinking that my camera may be a bit deffective ...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just love this Forum - top of the range technical advice, stunning moderators :D - present company excepted - and a sense of humour thrown in for free.

Tim

OP
K

Kourkoubas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ... you could help me with a straight answer :p This is how the picture should look like with the rear camera ? Or does the camera has a problem ?

OP
K

Kourkoubas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah ok ... that's good ... i had not intentions to use it as a camera but i didnt knew that the camera was SO bad :p i thought that my IPAD had a deffective camera :p

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, they are pretty much ALL defective.

My Wife has a 4 year old Flip-Phone that takes better still pics than the ipad2..........

~John

Jamrandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kourkoubas said:
Please see the pictures and tell me if the "noise" at the picture with the rear camera is normal for IPAD2 ... i keep thinking that my camera may be a bit deffective ...

I thought this was a problem with mine as well but if you take pictures in daylight there isn't noise. The camera is not very good in lowlight it just creates noise.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ... you could help me with a straight answer :p This is how the picture should look like with the rear camera ? Or does the camera has a problem ?

I sincerely apologise - we get so many members trying to 'trick' the moderators that I mistakenly assumed this was the same here - because they were not regular pictures - i.e. some scenery or a family shot. I was not trying to be unhelpful and I really do apologise for misunderstanding your post. I'm pleased you received some helpful responses though.

A humbled Tim

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when I look at the specs from Apple:

• Back camera: Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still camera with 5x digital zoom
  • Front camera: Video recording, VGA up to 30 frames per second with audio; VGA-quality still camera
Shouldn't the back camera take better quality pictures?

Tim......I am not trying to trick you.....(yet).

Jamrandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just took pictures of my lens tester and you can see a clear difference between the two.

Attachments

• image-1397095619.png
    image-1397095619.png
    666.9 KB · Views: 185
  • image-2238505436.png
    image-2238505436.png
    274.9 KB · Views: 176

Most reactions