What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype camera switching inquiry

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.

I tried to look this up on the Skype iOS Forum but most of the found (related???) questions have either not been answered or turn out to be not what I wish to know.

When using Skype with the video camera enabled, I get a nice big full screen picture of the person I am talking to with a small PiP in the right rear corner.

My question is, how can I switch cameras to the rear camera so that I can see the big picture of what I am pointing the back of the iPad two? Great for showing the other party what you are looking at rather than try and jiggle the iPad around trying to get it in the small PiP.

I have tapped the screen to bring up a menu but all that is displayed are icons, the video camera icon (to turn the camera off), the mute icon and some others that I can not recall. I cannot see any icon that if clicked would switch camera.

Can any one help me out please?

Regards

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you tap the video camera icon you should see this menu. You can then select one of the three offered selections. Is this not happening with you? image-995787124.jpg

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi there.

All I was tapping at the time of Skyping was the actual display screen not any particular icon, and then up would pop the icons that I mentioned earlier.

Where abouts on the screen is this camera icon located? I ask this as I do not think that I can do a test until/unless I am actually Skyping to someone at the time.....I think!!

Regards

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there. All I was tapping at the time of Skyping was the actual display screen not any particular icon, and then up would pop the icons that I mentioned earlier. Where abouts on the screen is this camera icon located? I ask this as I do not think that I can do a test until/unless I am actually Skyping to someone at the time.....I think!! Regards
When you tap the screen and the icons you mentioned appear, tap the video camera icon. The menu I showed should then appear.

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I was apprehensive doing that as I thought it may have turned off either the camera or terminated the conversation and at the time my wife was on Skype.

Lets not tempt fate :)

regards

Most reactions