What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Came back to my iPad to find this screen.:…

Totemtimer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I woke up about an hour ago , I took my dog outside and I came back up stairs ,got ready and grabbed my iPad and this is the screen I found . I have never seen this before ,to me it looks as if it wants a password phrase with letters not numbers. Everything else looks the same as far as the background and stuff it’s just I can’t enter my 6 digit pin and I didn’t change my password or passcode. I didn’t change my password I was literally using it an hour before bed last night as usual. What could have happened and why is the password screen so strange ? I will say yesterday morning I used my ipad for the first time that day and i entered the wrong passcode once and I was locked out 15 min after one fail. So I think my wife may have been trying to get in. But how would her doing that make the page look like this . Any help or explanation is appreciated . Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 13

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

No idea what happened, sorry, but there’s an option to use the old passcode/your passcode to access the iPad, if your iPad is running iPadOS 17 or later:
I’d recommend setting up a completely new passcode and expiring the old passcode afterwards. Whoever changed your passcode, still might know the old code, which can be used to unlock it for 72 hours after changing.

Most reactions

Latest posts