What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling from ipad

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

id like to make phone call from my ipad (in cellular, not from wifi). So I googled it and found "line2" solution. But i cant download it in my country...

Anyone know another ways ?

Thanks...

tanveers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a few well received iPad apps that host free call and texts, without a carrier. Try searching for "Phone Call Apps, iPad" I have seen a few while browsing that seem to be good choices. Where are you from? You can look under the permissions section on apps it may possibly inform you on where this app can be enabled so you don't have to search around as much looking for a free phone/sms app.

Ben
Lead AV Tech

dandem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't make ipad as a phone (missing hardware) but you can use Cell Data and make a calls through some VoIP app.
I do use Vonage (free calls to US and Canada up to 3000min per month) and Skydo 2 very cheap calls.
Skydo 2 - need very limited bandwidth, I used it a few time to make a calls from the plane in US be connected to GoGo.

Most reactions

Latest posts