What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Click-to-Call

luckychampion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’m a sales rep… I have an iPad2 3G and an iPhone. I like to surf info on my customers (address, phone #, etc.) on my iPad.

I would like to click on my customer phone # on my iPad, and then (magically!) my iPhone would then dial his phone number.

Are there any existing solutions doing this? If not any trick/tips?

I do NOT want to use Skype, Google Voice, Line2, etc... I just want my iPhone making the call.

Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know of any way to do exactly what you want, but there are a number of workarounds.

If you are keeping both devices synced via Google, iCloud, or other service you can take advantage of the automatic phone number detection built into most of Apples apps.

• Paste the number in a note. Open the note in the iPhone then tap and hold for the option to call it.
  • Email the number to yourself, and do the same.
  • If you are in Safari you can save the page to the Reading List, then use the Reading List to open the page on the iPhone, then tap and hold on the phone number to get the call option.
  • Tap and hold on the number on the iPad to get the Add to Contacts options; add it to a new or existing contact. You can then call from the Contacts app on the iPhone. You could even make a bogus contact just for storing these numbers temporarily, so that you don't end up with a huge number of unwanted contacts.
  • You can probably use the Message app to do the same thing, copy & paste, then send the message to yourself.

There are lots of variations on this theme. Play around with the idea and see if you can come up with a method you like, or at least can live with until you find the solution you realy wanted.

Most reactions

Latest posts