What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar Help

lynnedezzi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not ipad air savy. Please help with using my calendar on my ipad air,( the calendar ) that is loaded when you buy the air. Any help would be terrific. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE, LYNNE

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Lynne! Welcome to iPF!

A question before we can help you: is this your first Apple device/iPad?
Just so that we know where to start from... :)

OP
L

lynnedezzi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a ipad 2 that I do not use. Please ask me any questions you might have and I will try to answer them for you. Thanks, Lynne

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you set up an email account in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars, you are given the option to add a calendar as well. You can choose your default calendar in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar - Calendars, as well as some other settings.

When you open your Calendar app, and you use an account that already has events, you'll see them there.
At the bottom, in the middle, you'll see "Calendar". Tap it to see which calendars arr available for the app. The check marked ones are visible in the app. Those that aren't, are hidden. You can change visible or hidden calendars by tapping to check mark, or if already so, tapping to undo it.

You can choose how to view the calendar (top): day, week, month and year view are possible.

To add an event, you can either tap the + in the upper right corner, or tap and hold on a day, until you're given the possibility to create an event.

If you use an iCloud calendar, you can choose the colour with which it's displayed. Tap the i in the circle next to it:
image.jpgThis is what you'll see.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to change an event:

image-1300706894.jpg

Afterwards, tap the location/name or time of the event, or whatever has to be changed and enter another name/delete it/ choose a different calendar...

To delete an event, first tap the event and select "Edit", as before. Then scroll down until you see this:

image-3086719503.jpg

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
If you have a gmail account

Go into settings, then mail, contacts and calendars

Click on add account and add your gmail account

That will link you ipad with gmail, so you can use the ipad apps to read your email, check your calendar etc

Most reactions

Latest posts