What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for making Voice (Phone) calls with iPad Air?

Enthusiast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm looking for an app I can use to make phone calls using my iPad Air WiFi. The User Guide for iOS 8.3 says I can call people in my Contacts, Calendar, Facetime, Messages, Spotlight or Safari.

I don't want those restrictions. I want to be able to call anyone in any country who has any type of cell phone, landline, etc.

I saw an app called 'RingCredible.' I can use it, but it uses my cell phone number. I don't want that, I'd like to do all my calling with my iPad Air and not need my cell phone or its number for calls.

I also saw that the App Store offers plenty of apps for voice calls.

There's one catch- I want/need 'bank-level security' for my calls. So, as far as security goes, what's going to be more secure? A cell phone, or an iPad Air WiFi with an 256 bit AES VPN that could be being used at a hotspot?

Do you have any advice/recommendations?

Thanks. Much Appreciated!

Most reactions