What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar dates from way back

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Jolin.... - not sure about your C: & D: drives - most laptops have just one unless yours came w/ two or an additional internal drive was was installed? Of course, you may be referring to an external HD w/ a USB cable?

But, you probably should visit the CTH website and let the folks there help you - as already said, I've been removed from the PC world for 2 years and the last Windows OSs I used were XP & Vista. Good luck there - Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most Windows computers partition their main hard drive into at least two virtual drives: C: and D:

The C: drive has the Windows operating system on it, and at least some of the programs. The D: drive is for your personal data; photos, music, books, and other stuff. Sometimes programs are installed there as well.

It's still just one physical device.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi TP - thanks for the further clarification - should have mentioned that option but my PC days are quickly fading away; although I do have 2 external HDs partitioned in two to 'double' clone my MBPro & iMac - Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the computers I use/d save music, photos, ... to the C: drive, while the D: drive is just for recovery (less than 10 GB on my current laptop).

I partitioned my hard drive before installing Windows 8, and used an E: drive for my files, but I had to store them there manually. When I didn't choose anything, they were automatically saved to the C: drive.

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the info. Iwill consult CTH.hope hey are as helpful as you lot!!

Most reactions