What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar entries gone

John40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Searched net on this and everyone advises to go to Settings>mail, contacts, calendar and then change the synch settings under the calendars section. My calendars section only has New invitation alerts, Time zone support, Default alert times, and Start week on. Any suggestions? I have ios 7.0.4

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's odd...mine has

New Invitation Alerts
Time Zone Support
Sync
Default Alert Times
Start Week On
Default Calendar

I have it set to use my gmail calendar. There may be some other setting that controls what is displayed under Calendars. Did you set your default account for Contacts?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What service is your calendar synced with?

Make sure you have your calendar set to sync with your account. If you are not syncing with some service; iCloud, Google, Yahoo, etc., then the Sync setting would be irrelevant, and probably not show. Apple tends to hide settings if they are not relevant.

If your account does have Calendar syncing turned on, try turning it off, visit the Calendar app to make sure it is off, then turning it back on.

If you've never turned on Calendar syncing before, make sure you Keep your events on the iPad when doing this.

If you've been syncing with your account, visit the website and make sure all your events are there, then chose to delete the local calendar events when turning it off. This will be cleaner than keeping them, which might result in duplicates when you turn syncing back on; though it should not.

OP
J

John40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I hadn't been syncing, so did so with iCloud and then checked the 'all events' option. However I haven't got back any calendar entries!

It would be good if Apple provided decent basic manuals with their equipment, they could ceertainly afford to so and they might end up with a happier customer base!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I hadn't been syncing, so did so with iCloud and then checked the 'all events' option. However I haven't got back any calendar entries!. . .!

If you were not syncing before, then the older events would not be online, so enabling syncing would not get them back. It should, however, prevent future loss.

I've been thinking about this, and I can't come up with any reason or settings that should cause your old events to disappear. If I remember right, a search will only go back a year (or was it two), but the events themselves should still be there if you go back manually.

Afraid that's my last trick. If they are really gone, there is nothing I can think of that will bring them back. Sorry.

OP
J

John40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for the replies, and links to iPad User Guide - much appreciated.

I'll have to live with the missing calendar entries!!

HappyOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem in that my calendar was complete and was/is syncing, but non-recurring events for more than one month in the past are now gone from the calendar. I have it set to show "all events" to be displayed. Also tried setting it to only 6 months but no change.

Most reactions

Latest posts