What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar app

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad calendar app only allows reminders sequenced from minutes to a couple days. Certainly not enough time to be reminded to get a birthday card, gift or so on. So, I'm entering the event twice, one for the early reminder, then the actual event. This is'nt real efficient :confused:

Can you recommend a great calendar app out of the gaggle of them? Thanks, IM

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
use google calendars then sync it with ical on your mac, then when you sync your iPad you will get all of your google calendar info.

Google calendar has a drop down to remind you # mins/hours/days/weeks ahead.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also sync your iPad calendar directly with Google if you want more or less real-time syncing w/o needing to sync with your Mac/PC. The only downside is that it uses the one and only Exchange account setup you are allowed to have on iPad.

The end result will be what gentlefury said, that you can set whatever reminder you want in Google, and that reminder will sync with your iPad, even though you can't set it that way when you create/edit the appointment on iPad.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also sync your iPad calendar directly with Google if you want more or less real-time syncing w/o needing to sync with your Mac/PC. The only downside is that it uses the one and only Exchange account setup you are allowed to have on iPad.

The end result will be what gentlefury said, that you can set whatever reminder you want in Google, and that reminder will sync with your iPad, even though you can't set it that way when you create/edit the appointment on iPad.

How do you sync directly on the iPad? It was never an option on the iPod Touch so I never even tried. I don't use any exchange stuff.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my blackberry synced to my Google calendar, I had to stop the sync to my Mac because my blackberry would stop syncing because there were too many syncs. I ended up with multiple scheduled itmes everywhere. Hope this works. Thank

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad calendar app only allows reminders sequenced from minutes to a couple days. Certainly not enough time to be reminded to get a birthday card, gift or so on. So, I'm entering the event twice, one for the early reminder, then the actual event. This is'nt real efficient :confused:

Can you recommend a great calendar app out of the gaggle of them? Thanks, IM
You must be doing something wrong. I have various events scheduled between now and Oct, alarms set and the whole kittenkapoddle. And my calendar is syncing with my Home Desktop, Office Desktop, Laptop, iPad, iPod, iPhone just wonderfully.

Caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a problem with my iPad syncing. Everything looks like it is correctly setup, however the things one my online calendar (I only have 3 I made to test it) won't show up on my iPad :(
Any ideas?

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a problem with my iPad syncing. Everything looks like it is correctly setup, however the things one my online calendar (I only have 3 I made to test it) won't show up on my iPad :(
Any ideas?

If you want to sync (push) your calendar, contacts and email to more then one device you need MobileMe, go to MobileMe.com and check it out. You get a free trial. It's pretty neat. Anytime you make a change to your calendar and or contacts on any of your devices you have set up it will update all other devices within seconds..

Caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For $100 a year. I think ill just try and fix the google one that does the exact same thing for free...

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.pocketinformant.com/products_info.php?p_id=pocketinformant_iphone

Pocket informant is the best pim around offers more advance features than iCal I sync with google and google syncs with. My Mac book so every thing is the same. Try it

Co

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For $100 a year. I think ill just try and fix the google one that does the exact same thing for free...

If the Google Calendar and Contact apps floats your boat then I guess it good for you. I personally cant stand the Google apps. And so far I haven't paid a dime for MobileMe. I,ve been using it since last december and love it..

Most reactions