What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar Acting Funny

jc67989

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My calendar has inexplicably lost the add event button... I cannot add events, and when I try to add an event by selecting an underlined date in an email (usually opens up the calendar and creates an event) I receive an error message: Cannot Save Event - No Calendar Has Been Set. Does this mean anything to anyone? Are we supposed to rely exclusively on the reminders now?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For the second problem, try going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, the Calendar section and select a default calendar. That will probably fix the not Calendar has been set problem. It might fix the first one too. If it does not, try these more general solutions.

Close: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
jc67989

jc67989

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply... I don't seem to have the option of selecting a calendar, though....

Close, reset, reboot, didn't seem to change anything. Very weird. Not sure when it happened, because I haven't used the calendar in a couple days... Maybe tied to the iOS5 update?

I miss my add event button.... :)

Attachments

• image-4179968994.png
    image-4179968994.png
    137 KB · Views: 349

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Goto settings - icloud and switch calendar syncing on, you may also want to check your contacts, if you also don't have a add button in contacts you need to do the same for contacts syncing.

OP
jc67989

jc67989

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turning iCloud for calendar on and off seemed to work... Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
jc67989

jc67989

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm... As an aside, I don't like being forced to use iCloud in order for the calendar to work...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Turning on any online syncing of a Calendar will work. I just checked it out with GMail. I don't see any reason why it would not work with other services. You don't get the You can only set Default Alert Times with iCloud though.

While I can understand that some people would prefer not to sync their information online, it's not a very good idea to leave the data solely on the iPad or any one device/place. Not if it's important.

Did the add event (plus sign button at the lower right) reappear?

I was unable to make it go away no matter what I tried. You may have to do a restore to get it back. In the mean time I'm sure you've discovered you can add an event by tapping and holding on a day (month view) or the timeline.

Sljones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My calendar was having the same problem - I have an add event button but I got 'no calendar has been set' then when I clicked on a calendar and tried again I got 'no end date has been set' then when I selected an end date it said 'that event does not belong to that event store.' help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you using iCloud? If so have you tried turning your calendar syncing off/on in Settings iCloud? It has fixed more than a few problems with iCloud, not just the lack of a plus button.

Most reactions

Latest posts