What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Zagg Folio ... Hello Belkin Folio

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
It is the new one for the 3 and we both like it very well. The keyboard attaches via velcro and unattaches very easily for whenever you want to use the case withoutthe keyboard. The keyboard has a nice feel like the Zagg, pairs easily, and reconnects very consistently.

I turn the KB off by sliding a switch and back on the same way and the blue light flashes 2-3 times. It goes off and I know I'm connected! Very consistent! With the keyboard out of the way the case will hold the iPad in any angle you want while in landscape mode! So it is a very nice case/stand. I love the magnet latch but I will have to say that the case does not wake or put the iPad to sleep and I believe that it advertizes so.

Nice, sounds like a solid product :)

Now I just have to wait to see if the price will go down a little bit.

OP
Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice, sounds like a solid product :)

Now I just have to wait to see if the price will go down a little bit.

Yeah, I think it's still cheaper than the Zagg Folio by almost $20. What I like about it more than the Zagg case is several things so far.
1) use it without the keyboard - Tried that with my wife's for a couple minutes but it really felt hollow on the one side
2) without the keyboard the stand works in many different angles
3) lighter case as it just isn't as heavy
4) thinner case

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So many good things about it!! You're going to make me end up doing an impulse buy and just purchase it now. Maybe.

I like the way how the case is designed so it doesn't have to use a stand on the back when it is propped up. Plus, a huge plus, the keyboard is detachable. I can't really get a good view of how the ipad sits. Does it sit on a notch on the keyboard to stay up right like the zagg and Aida?

I see some notches on the case. But doesn't seem like that would be very secure if you're using it on your lap or lying down in bed. Correct me if I'm wrong

OP
Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It has these grippy little notches but the case props up in the notches or way before them. It really hugs the flat part at any spot!

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried both the Zagg Folio and the Belkin case for my iPad 2. Neither worked for me. Keys on keyboard too close together. I ended up with the Dexim iPad case/keyboard. Little wider space to type. My only complaint with it - is that there's no space between keys of the keyboard. For those of us who don't look while we type I hadn't realized we do rely on the space between letters to feel our way around. But I've gotten used to it now.

The choices are very personal. The Dexim (Folio, I guess is the term) works for both iPad 2 and 3. There is only the very slightest of extra thickness in the middle of a 3rd gen. No problem for any of the folio products I've tried. For some reason when I had the Zagg Folio I didn't have the problem with the rubber feet messing up my InvisiShield. Weird. But I didn't have it long for other reasons I mentioned.

Good luck with your Belkin. It was my 2nd favorite of the 3.

Most reactions

Latest posts