What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying apps

Dragoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a trial period where you can decide you dont like it and "return" it without being charged like on android devices? Or is it once you buy it your stuck with it?

OP
Dragoro

Dragoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow that kinda sucks. Wonder why they dont give ya a trial period.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It has been said that if you really complain to apple, they will refund, even though they say they won't.

Still...you're right, it does suck.

swisspolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep it sucks, especially given how many apps now in the store there are several that may do what you want but without spending £40 you can't work out which is the best one

Hedonist222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having never used an apple product before June 2010 when i bought my ipad i was shocked to find out there is no try before you buy. Very weird. How does America tolerate this? Ill never know.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a useful Ap called the "appdeals" which shows the deals and the sale on some apps.
No trial basis however the price on my wish apps may be right.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having never used an apple product before June 2010 when i bought my ipad i was shocked to find out there is no try before you buy. Very weird. How does America tolerate this? Ill never know.
If the cost of living in a representative republic where I get to vote for government officials in free elections means that I might lose 99¢ on an app that I might not like, I will gladly pay that price!

raylock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep it sucks, especially given how many apps now in the store there are several that may do what you want but without spending £40 you can't work out which is the best one

Some of the apps are complete scams. They remain in the app store even after they are pointed out to Apple. Check out the user reports but discount the first few 5 star ratings since they may be posted by the scammer.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are a couple of apps (free) which can keep you au fait with the latest apps, AppShopper and AppAdvice, plus there are a number of review sites which should prevent you making expensive mistakes.
AppDiscover, Touch Arcade, iPad Creative and loads more if you google.
Given how cheap most apps are you can afford to make a mistake.....

Most reactions

Latest posts