What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy or Wait ?

ismeto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am confused ! Should I wait for release of the ipad 2 HD / ipad 3 or buy ipad 2 now ?

you know it is not cheap. I want to spend my money right item

thanks

HD: High Definition screen -rumors on the internet -

Last edited:

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as soon as you wait and get your iPad 3, you will be reading about the iPad 4.....

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am confused ! Should I wait for release of the ipad 2 HD / ipad 3 or buy ipad 2 now ?

thanks

Is there a reason why you need a higher res screen on your Ipad, I bet not. So there is no reason to wait for a MAYBE released HD Ipad.

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally would wait.

But it does come down to your needs and desires. Obviously, many rumors out there but if half are valid we should see several intriguing "pads/tablets" hit the market by Christmas or winter etc.

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you like what the ipad 2 offers, then get it. As someone said, when the ipad 3 comes out, there will be rumors about the ipad 4.

Theres already rumors on the iPhone 6...

timleffler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had an iPad by my side since day 22 (when the mobiles became available). I bought an iPad 2 as soon as the supply chain issues were resolved. Since then, my boss now owns one, our COO has my old one, my physically disabled son uses one for his school work and my wife steals mine whenever I fall asleep or set it down for a moment at home. I probably do not need to mention the other 2 M plus units that have sold across the globe.

Bottom line, the longer you wait the longer it is going to take you to get up to speed. This is not just another pop culture media device. This is a Swiss army knife to all of the things you do or will do. For example: reading, music, news, note taking, email, video, phone calls, prospecting, research, scanning or rather going paperless, banking, bill pay and personal organization.

Everyone is talking about "the cloud", well the iPad is your window, door or skylight, whichever way you choose to look at it.

Will there be something better in the future? YES! If there wasn't a possibility to get better or be better you wouldn't be on a forum with thousands of conversations about day to day experience.

If you have an interest, then get off your A$$ and make it happen. The money will come back to you before you know it.

Soap box put away, 2 pennies spent. Good night!

Tim Leffler

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I bought the original because I couldn't wait for another 6 months for the iPad 2 but I certainly don't regret it! I will probably wait for the 3 but at least I have the original to tide me over.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Jaxtah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
timleffler said:
I have had an iPad by my side since day 22 (when the mobiles became available). I bought an iPad 2 as soon as the supply chain issues were resolved. Since then, my boss now owns one, our COO has my old one, my physically disabled son uses one for his school work and my wife steals mine whenever I fall asleep or set it down for a moment at home. I probably do not need to mention the other 2 M plus units that have sold across the globe.

Bottom line, the longer you wait the longer it is going to take you to get up to speed. This is not just another pop culture media device. This is a Swiss army knife to all of the things you do or will do. For example: reading, music, news, note taking, email, video, phone calls, prospecting, research, scanning or rather going paperless, banking, bill pay and personal organization.

Everyone is talking about "the cloud", well the iPad is your window, door or skylight, whichever way you choose to look at it.

Will there be something better in the future? YES! If there wasn't a possibility to get better or be better you wouldn't be on a forum with thousands of conversations about day to day experience.

If you have an interest, then get off your A$$ and make it happen. The money will come back to you before you know it.

Soap box put away, 2 pennies spent. Good night!

Tim Leffler

Agree with Tim's rationale here 100% - especially "Bottom line, the longer you wait the longer it is going to take you to get up to speed"

I'd never even given iPads a 2nd look, or held one until I got this one (iPad 2 16GB 3g/wifi) as a present about a month ago. Why? Well to be honest I didn't know anything about Apple (a lifelong PC user) and to be honest thought they were just a bit of passing trend - let's just say that now I know better and wish I'd not been so stubborn about them initially.
I really don't know what I'd do without it now, or how I got by before - and I'm learning new ways to use it everyday, especially by being part of this forum and the wealth of advice and experience offered by other enthusiasts.
Let's just say that when the iPod 3 comes out I will definitely be upgrading to one of those with 64GB - as I will be far more iPod savvy by then I hope  and my son can finally get his hands on this one full time!

Sent from here  to there on my iPad2 using iPF

msny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as soon as you wait and get your iPad 3, you will be reading about the iPad 4.....

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

This.

If you always wait for the next big thing, you will wait
forever. I'd like a iPad15 now, but I'm not waiting for it...:p

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ismeto said:

thanks

Buy one off craigslist now and sell it when the new one comes out, unless you decide to keep it instead of getting the new one. There will be a market for iPad 2 for a long time.

golfgypsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy it now - there will always be a newer model about to be introduced.

Most reactions