What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy now or wait it out?

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey ya'll! I'm not sure what to do! I just saw the reports today saying that the IPAD mini2 probably would be available to purchase until 4th quarter, around November or so. Of course I know this is all suposition. I'm really needing to have mine in hand by mid August for a business trip & again in Oct for another one. I figured on waiting to purchase until the newest one came out because I'm not a "purchase the newest model each year" kind of person. What I buy I will use for several years so it would be best to get the latest possible model. I'm afraid if I try to wait it out though, they will run out of current inventory & I'll lose my chance on buying the Wifi 64gb that I want to get & I'll have no choice in the matter. Just not sure what to do! I know, blessed problems to have! :eek:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll! I'm not sure what to do! I just saw the reports today saying that the IPAD mini2 probably would be available to purchase until 4th quarter, around November or so. Of course I know this is all suposition. I'm really needing to have mine in hand by mid August for a business trip & again in Oct for another one. I figured on waiting to purchase until the newest one came out because I'm not a "purchase the newest model each year" kind of person. What I buy I will use for several years so it would be best to get the latest possible model. I'm afraid if I try to wait it out though, they will run out of current inventory & I'll lose my chance on buying the Wifi 64gb that I want to get & I'll have no choice in the matter. Just not sure what to do! I know, blessed problems to have! :eek:

I have the same struggle as you do, Mikeswife! We are scheduled for a vacation in September for which I was hoping to have the new mini by then. I plan on waiting it out...however, I do get the temptations from my Staff peers here to go and get a refurb one now!

Decisions..decisions! :)

It's a little to long if you have to wait. Maybe you should go for a 16 GB for now and go full force once the new one is out. ;)

Well I never thought about that! That's a good idea, Roryiliam! :)

OP
M

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, I'm so not good at waiting! However, I have the newest IPAD so that takes the edge off. I'm getting this mini to replace a sllloowww netbook that I use for business trips. And I don't need it for sure until mid Aug. Hubby would never go for me buying one & then trading it in & honestly I don't have the time or patience for all that. When I purchase, I buy the best I can get for what suits my needs & that's good until it starts to die and/or needs to be replaced. It just seems that the 64gb seem in IPAD products to run out of supply quicker if they delay the release of mini2. I guess I'll give it a little longer & hope for the best! :eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts