What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BTStack Mouse and Apple Magic Mouse connecting problems

crbetsworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i am currently using apples magic mouse for my ipad with BTStack mouse (downloaded from cydia). Was working fine for the first day....but now whenever i click on the BTStack mouse program and turn on my mouse, it cant seem to find it....dont know if this has something to do with my bluetooth maybe? cos when i go to settings/general/bluetooth, i cant switch the option on or off, since the switch is greyed out. I have a 'BTStack' option on the side menu of my settings (might be for my apple dock keyboard? i dunno), there are a couple options for 'no bluetooth', 'IOS Something', and another option, does it have something to do with this? i use a dock apple keyboard if that changes anything. Really hope someone can help...ive only had it working for one day, and i wanna start doing some work from home with easier use via the mouse. Thanks alot guys! - Kes

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btstack is not the problem. Make sure the mouse is in pairing mode. You have to pair every time you connect.
I usually have to turn my mouse on and off a few times. And make sure it isn't connecting to other computers nearby! :)

OP
C

crbetsworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btstack is not the problem. Make sure the mouse is in pairing mode. You have to pair every time you connect.
I usually have to turn my mouse on and off a few times. And make sure it isn't connecting to other computers nearby! :)

How do you put it in pairing mode? is that done on the ipad or mouse? lol sry im a nub

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's done on the mouse. Look at the instructions for your mouse. I have a targus bluetooth mouse, not the magic mouse so I don't know how to put it into pairing mode.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mikehbishop said:
Hello, Mike Bishop here. I tried finding BTStack mouse on Cydia, and it does not seem to be there.

Where is it?

It's certainly in there (BigBoss repo) if you simply start a search for "bt"... See pic.

Attachments

• image-1168473883.png
    image-1168473883.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 823

mikehbishop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question about mouse and keyboard function... I'm using the iPad 2

With the keyboard in the pairing mode, when I open up btstack keyboard, it often freezes when searching. The mouse app does the same thing.
Also, the mouse, after connecting, slows down and eventually stops.

Is there any way to improve the function of these programs? Please help...

Thanks!

Mike Bishop

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mouse runs great on my iPad 1. I would think It would be better on iPad 2. Maybe it is interfering with some other app....

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mike,

BTstack and the respective connecting apps, are tricky to work with, especially when using them both at the same time. And, in my opinion, the BtStack is quite unreliable - freezing and going completely unresponsive frequently. That, in addition to the exceptional annoyance of having to stop and restart everything, and re-pair/re-connect both keyboard and mouse EVERY time something goes wrong, or you leave the pad for a while.

If you would like, I'll post the explicit connecting instructions to make it all work (as smoothly as possible). It's not what you would think and no exact instructions on how to get both KB and Mouse operating at the same time are to be found anywhere.

The BtStack software is all an open source affair, and there is not much of a chance it's going to get any better because there's no one to complain to.

Brian

Most reactions

Latest posts