What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Sword for iPad on the Market now

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious before I buy it at 7.99, if someone here has played it yet? Supposedly this is one of the best games ever if you read reviews from App Advice etc.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Wife and I are playing it now. Yes it is worth it. Best version of the game ever... Excellent!

Of course you have to like these kind of games, but we think it is the best in the genre so far...

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I love point and click games like Monkey Island, Kings Quest, etc.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to ask, is that SS a Camaro (2010) emblem. Because if you have a 2010 Camaro SS and an iPad, then you really are living the life :)

But more to point, what type of game is the Broken Sword game?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
It is like the adventure games of the 90's. There were several series like "Sam and Max", "Monkey Island", and a host of others. No real time action, but instead you touch items in the scene and interact with them. Lot's of puzzles on the order of the original Resident Evil, but to me they make more sense than the RE puzzles.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From my understanding it's a point and click game...like it has a story, and you have to use the candle to light the fire to open the door sort of thing. That's my take on it but I haven't played. I was a little unsure of exactly what it was myself so hoping Bremen can chime in.

Yeah, it's a Camaro emblem. :) I am a bit of a car freak, I've had 6 or 7 in the past two or three years. Don't want to hijack the thread so check this out: http://www.ipadforums.net/anything-goes/3964-cars.html

But I'm not living the life because of that...I'm living the life because I'm married to this wonderful woman:

27838_1448850058875_1161916793_31315592_4488194_n.jpg

Last edited:

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought Broken Sword as soon as I saw the iPad version was out. However, due to the fact that the fastest Internet I have is tethering my iPhone on Edge :( it will be tomorrow at least before I can actually try it out! And that is if I leave it downloading while I sleep! Someday I will enter the modern ages......I hope!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I bought Broken Sword as soon as I saw the iPad version was out. However, due to the fact that the fastest Internet I have is tethering my iPhone on Edge :( it will be tomorrow at least before I can actually try it out! And that is if I leave it downloading while I sleep! Someday I will enter the modern ages......I hope!

Yes, it is a huge (relatively speaking) download... largest iPhone one I have got so far. But, you will see the reason...

And if you enjoy these kind of games, you will love this. My wife and I play it together... fun to work on the puzzles and such together. The kind of game where just getting to the next room can be a major accomplishment...

And if you get really stuck there are walkthroughs at gamfaqs.com that help. We are not all that far into it, but so far we have figured out all the puzzles ourselves... and yes, we are proud :)

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From my understanding it's a point and click game...like it has a story, and you have to use the candle to light the fire to open the door sort of thing. That's my take on it but I haven't played. I was a little unsure of exactly what it was myself so hoping Bremen can chime in.

Yeah, it's a Camaro emblem. :) I am a bit of a car freak, I've had 6 or 7 in the past two or three years. Don't want to hijack the thread so check this out: http://www.ipadforums.net/anything-goes/3964-cars.html

But I'm not living the life because of that...I'm living the life because I'm married to this wonderful woman:

27838_1448850058875_1161916793_31315592_4488194_n.jpg

Yes, Dude, you ARE living the life!!

And on the game, you guys have convinced me, I'm going to give it a try. I love Plants vs Zombies, but I've completed it and been looking for another great iPad game.

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think im going to have to get a 2 Ă‚ÂŁ15 itunes vouchers instead of one i was going to get. I saw this this the other day but it was only for the iphone. I have broken sword for my pc but it doesnt work so be glad to get this.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes, it is a huge (relatively speaking) download... largest iPhone one I have got so far. But, you will see the reason...

And if you enjoy these kind of games, you will love this. My wife and I play it together... fun to work on the puzzles and such together. The kind of game where just getting to the next room can be a major accomplishment...

And if you get really stuck there are walkthroughs at gamfaqs.com that help. We are not all that far into it, but so far we have figured out all the puzzles ourselves... and yes, we are proud :)
So is it the type of game where you add items together (like rope+candlestick) and then use that item to complete the puzzle, like King's Quest?

And yeah, I would DEFINITELY be proud as well. A lot of those games are so damn hard.

Most reactions

Latest posts