What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken screen

Dudley1965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have broken my screen on my iPad 2 that was purchased in Sept 2011, on taking it to the apple store in Leicester I was informed that it was not covered by the warranty and charged £240.00 for a replacement unit. It appears that other users have had their Ipads replaced free of charge for non accidental damage

Any ideas

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what do you mean by nonacidental damage? aside form wanting someone(apple) to pay for somethign you broke yourself i don't see how or why anyone should be held accountable to pay for accidental damage..except for insurance companies

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Posts about broken screens are constant on the forum and the remedies vary. If the unit was defective, it will be replaced under whatever warranty agreement is in force. If APPLE choses to replace a unit that's accidentally damaged by it's owner, it demonstrates incredible good will on Apple's part.

Imagine if you made a good, costly to manufacture product, and had to replace every item sold that was damaged by a customer. It wouldn't be profitable.

AA

Most reactions