What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new ipad and nothings happening?

tibzy2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello
Bought a brand new ipad 64gb today and followed the instructions, signed into itunes and plugged it in........ nothing, still saying plug into itunes and is not recognised as plugged in on my computer? so checked everything over, got the most up to date itunes, when i plug in my iphone it recognizes it straight away. Battery is only 80% but even when that is plugged in the mains its not showing its charging still the plug into itunes????? so frustrating ! any ideas on what to do next?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello
Bought a brand new ipad 64gb today and followed the instructions, signed into itunes and plugged it in........ nothing, still saying plug into itunes and is not recognised as plugged in on my computer? so checked everything over, got the most up to date itunes, when i plug in my iphone it recognizes it straight away. Battery is only 80% but even when that is plugged in the mains its not showing its charging still the plug into itunes????? so frustrating ! any ideas on what to do next?

OK - it's interesting that you say that your iPhone is recognised but the iPad isn't. You also say it's not charging. That seems to suggest there's a problem with the cable that's connecting your computer to the iPad. Are you using the same cable as you use to connect the iPhone? Do you have any spare cables that you could try?

Failing that it suggests there's a problem with the iPad and a visit to the Apple Store might be in order.

I'm sure you'll get some other suggestions from members - so don't do anything rash for a while.

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
I had to update my computer to the new iTunes, which you stated you did. Did you restart your computer after?I had to
Also my OEM cable says mine isn't charging either. I've read the Ipad needs more voltage than my USB puts out, so no biggie for me.
If you have not started your computer back up try that. Once I started my computer back up it showed new hardware before iTunes saw it.
I'm on am XP with SP3, have read SP2 can be buggy.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The ipad draws 10 amps and on some pc,s this exceeds what the USB can produce (I say some but it seems a majority except for top end pc'S ) yes it is charging but only a trickle charge late model pc's and most macs that support the latest operating systems and also iTunes do not have an issues as they support 10 amp devices. So plug the ipad into the wall for say 30 mins or more then try again too connect to the pc. It should connect and sync but will not charge as per above.
Did you have on the screen the indication to connect to iTunes and computer?
Failing this return it to where you bought it from for replacement.
You can use either cable for the ipad but you must use the ipad power supply to charge. I put a red dot on mine so I know the difference. I also used the ipad power charger to charge both the iPhone and ipad for 10 months with out issues

Hope this helps sorry you having problems

Last edited:
OP
T

tibzy2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you for all your suggestions, my iTunes is the latest and the cables all work on my iPhone so it's the iPad! Back to the shop tomorrow!

Thanks again

Most reactions

Latest posts