What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought from Apple Store... can I return to WalMart? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanderna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know, I know... title sounds a little odd, but here's the situation...

Purchased my iPad from WalMart because I had a bunch of gift cards to use up. As no area WMs had it instock, I purchased online a did free site-to-store. I was disappointed in the delivery time (7-10 bus. days), but reluctantly overlooked it. A couple of days later the status changed to "delayed in transit" and the new delivery date was two weeks out. This infuriated me :). Called WM and they really couldn't tell me exactly what was going on or why it was delayed. Only that the new delivery was 2 weeks out.

So what did I do? Promptly went to the Apple website and ordered another... boom... delivery in 4 days.

So today I'm screwed again by WM. The status changed to "In transit to store," and the delivery went back to the original date. So now the WM one will get here before the Apple one.

My plan was to open the WM one when it gets here, then take the unopened one from Apple back to WM w/ my WM receipt. A friend suggested that they may have the serial number linked to the receipt... does anyone think that will be the case?

Thanks! This thing has already turned me crazy and I don't even have it yet.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure but, a scanning of the bar code at the time of purchase should produce the serial number on the receipt.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
IMO I Will Just be honest and I will do thinks right, always pay out better. Just return the one to apple or cancel the order from apple.

OP
K

kanderna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too late to cancel from Apple. Can I return to an Apple store? There's one a couple hours away and we'll probably be going that way next month.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when the apple one do come, take it to apple store and return it.

i had similar issue, i pre-ordered apple tv from apple, shipping time look retarded(maybe 3 wks), so i tried a few apple stores when it launched and got one.....now its too late to cancel, so when i got it, i took it to an apple store and got a full refund. I got free shipping, so i didn't lose on that.

Did you get free shipping?

OP
K

kanderna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, shipping was free, so no issues there. For some reason I didn't even think of the Apple Store. Not sure how that one got by me. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts