What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Both my iPhone 5 and iPad keep asking for my yahoo mail account passwords?

Pizza Boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody have this issue? It gets annoying after awhile. Sometimes it ask me for a password for another mail account while I'm putting in another password for a different account! Any help?

Barking Pumpkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yahoo mail underwent a "re-use of old addresses" effort recently and sent out messages to people who may not actually own those old addresses. Anyhoo, this lead to some wondering if Yahoo also sent out these messages identifying current/active email addresses, too. A real mild disaster for Yahoo possibly. My email underwent a "hack" and Yahoo shuts down your access until you go to their site and change the password. I'd try hitting their site first, then reset your new password in all your devices.

OP
Pizza Boy

Pizza Boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help BP, but my issue is within my devices. My iPads and iPhone occasionally out
of the blue no matter what I'm doing, inter up me and ask for one of my 3 yahoo account passwords.
I put them in and a few days later it does it again at random times. I changed 1 password and it
still does it to me. I'm thinking of deleting all my email accounts and adding them again. Just can't
understand why they do it. I have an iPad 1, 2, 3, 4 and the first mini, plus it does it on my iPhone 5
Sometimes as well.

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The same happened to me with my Yahoo account (which is one of those I check through the pad/phone built in mail app). All of a sudden, a message would pop up asking for my password, even when I wasn't using the mail app. This only happened a few times, if I recall correctly, and I just entered the password and thought no more about it. Perhaps Yahoo has a default length of time one can be signed in, I don't know.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Anybody have this issue? It gets annoying after awhile. Sometimes it ask me for a password for another mail account while I'm putting in another password for a different account! Any help?

YEP - since the spring of this year when I transitioned back to Apple - have an an iPad 2 since early 2011, but purchased a MBPro & an iMac this year - I have had constant issues w/ these password requests on Mail (both on the iPad using iOS & also on the MBPro w/ OS X); I think the problem is Yahoo's problem, i.e. their servers are not authenticating my password (just have 2 accounts and use 1 most of the time), so these constant dialog boxes 'popping up' - wife has the same experience w/ her Yahoo account on our iMac, so a cross-platform issue. As already stated, I feel that Yahoo is the instigator - at one point I was so annoyed that I was about to switch to another online email client, but I've been w/ Yahoo for years and just felt lazy, I guess. Well, just my 2 cents worth - I'm sure others having similar problems will have other explanations - bottom line is that you'll have to live w/ it & hope Yahoo gets this fixed or switch to another email provider. Dave :)

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As an interesting update to this situation, I was asked for my Yahoo password twice yesterday, and the first time soon after I signed out of this forum! Perhaps someone at Yahoo is reading the threads here? :p

OP
Pizza Boy

Pizza Boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well recently I got on my PC and changed all my yahoo account passwords from there
and still haven't had any problems after putting the new passwords in all my devices.
Maybe if it was yahoo, maybe they have fixed the issue, I hope. "knock on wood"

sammy_boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Yahoo mail on the default email client on my iPhone 4S and iPad Mini. Not changed my password in a while, might do so though if it'll stop the annoying popups!

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe it is an issue with Yahoo! I have received password requests a few times over the past few weeks on my iPad Mini, but I am CONSTANTLY getting sign-in errors for my Yahoo account on my Android phone. That has been going on for months! Within the last few months, Yahoo has temporarily suspended my account which required me to change my password on their site before I could access my emails on either device.

OP
Pizza Boy

Pizza Boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, took out my old iPhone 4 to update it and it hit me up for the passwords before I could do anything!
So far so good on all my other devices with the new password. Even my iPhone 5 has stayed stout!

asteve76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with Facebook. It quite regularly directs me to settings to re-enter my password.

MJE1964

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having this problem now since I had to replace my iphone several months ago. Since then- no matter what I do- Yahoo constantly comes up asking for my password. I will try to change my password and see if it helps. Thanks

SMARILU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem since I am using more than one ios. If I use just one Ipad, it's fine. When I use another one, I have to re-enter my Yahoo password again.
So I guess yahoo has a problem when you open your emails on different systems. It's not just the Ipads. The same happens if I use my Iphone or even my Mac. I just learned to live with it, but it would be very nice if Yahoo corrected this problem after these some years.

Most reactions

Latest posts