What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Asks For My Password

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Verification will work with any phone number, not just ones on Apple devices. All the phone needs is the ability to receive texts. There are also secondary ways to recover if you lose the phone (or phones if you add more authorized device/number).

The main point of 2 factor authentication is to make it 'very' difficult to just hack your account purely from the internet. it's not just Apple. Pretty much every service that cares about protecting your account from hackers has or is moving to this kind of authentication. That includes Google, Microsoft, and pretty much every bank.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So what? Is that supposed to justify Apple nagging me every week because I don't have/need a cell phone? No one else is nagging. Why isn't my thumbprint sufficient?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know why it is nagging you. I don't know why you are getting a lot of extra authentication requests, but I doubt it has anything to do with 2 factor authentication. I was just clearing up the idea that someone needed to have extra Apple devices to use it. You don't.

Most reactions

Latest posts