What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blurred NewsStand mags

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have books downloaded onto my ipad mini and I can turn the pages slow or fast and the next page is always petfectly in focus immediately in NewsStand though I have to wait one or two seconds for the page to cone into focus, any ideas why this isi cant understand as the magazines are downloaded not streamed.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Books are mostly text. The fonts (images of each letter) are built into iOS, and will display very quickly. Imbedded images may affect the book if they are really large, but otherwise book files are relatively are small and easily loaded and displayed.

Most Newsstand magazines are big PDF files with lots of imbedded images. The files are large compared to text files can take a while to be displayed. Because of this the magazine app developers often choose a type of image that will display in stages as it is loaded into memory. What you are seeing is a lower resolution image that progresses to the full resolution over time, usually just a second or two. The idea is that you get something to look at while you wait for the page to finish loading.

OP
superhoops

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh thanks for that. I think i will stick with traditional mags as i find it too irritating.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh thanks for that. I think i will stick with traditional mags as i find it too irritating.

No problem.

Magazine publishers are still trying to get a handle on electronic publishing. The giant PDF that looks like a traditional magazine is slowly being replaced by other options. Keep an eye on your favorite mags. Someday they will figure out how the future looks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem.

Magazine publishers are still trying to get a handle on electronic publishing. The giant PDF that looks like a traditional magazine is slowly being replaced by other options. Keep an eye on your favorite mags. Someday they will figure out how the future looks.

National Geographic magazine is one that goes to the next level.

Most reactions