What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth keyboard

bdullea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking for a good travel type Bluetooth keyboard, would prefer non folding type. I have looked at the apple one and I guess a was looking for something with a little more. I actual saw the HP touchpad keyboard, Bluetooth as well and really liked the look of it, would this work for your ipad2, since it is Bluetooth I would assume it would but was looking for some thoughts.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No guarantee that the HP keyboard would work with the iPad but I see no reason it would not especially since a variety of other third party bluetooth keyboards work well with the iPad.

As far as other alternatives are concerned, take a look at the Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth Mobile keyboard. It's less expensive than the Apple Wireless, is better designed from an ergonomic perspective, and includes a separate 10 key number pad (also bluetooth) if that matters to you. (You can get the keyboard alone for even less than keyboard+number pad from several resellers, including buy.com.)

It's slightly wider than the Apple Wireless keyboard but fits easily into a backpack or bag. I've used mine with both my iPad and my laptop. Though it's a plastic frame, I've found it travels very well. Pretty much indestructible.

If I didn't use the Incase Origami Workstation as both a case for the Apple Wireless keyboard and a stand for the iPad I would have stuck with the Microsoft keyboard. It's a very good product.

P.S. Happened to notice that a customer has added a photo of the keyboard with a tablet on the Amazon site. Gives a very good perspective on its size relative to the iPad. See the second link below.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Bluetooth-Mobile-Keyboard-6000/dp/B002NP8XJ0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1309870918&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000: Electronics[/ame]

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-2XJ-00001-Bluetooth-Keyboard-6000/dp/B004HVW0ZQ/ref=pd_cp_e_1[/ame]

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts