What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Keyboard Question

wbrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering, because I'm thinking about getting the Apple wireless keyboard - can you still use it even if your not in Wifi range? Will the keyboard still be detected by the bluetooth without wifi or does the bluetooth need the wifi to work? Thanks!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just needs Bluetooth, don't think it would need WiFi.

OP
W

wbrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so no WiFi is needed to use the bluetooth keyboard, pretty much? Sweet! Thanks :)

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WiFi is what your iPad needs to connect to the Internet. Bluetooth is what the iPad needs to connect to the keyboard. WiFi and Bluetooth are independent of each other.

Krew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the apple wireless keyboard and its really good. I think you'll like it wbrocks. Its really small, light and thin, but its big enough to type on comfortably. Also, it works flawlessly. :)

DeniseB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will iPaq bluetooth keyboard pair with iPad2?

Hi. I have an iPaq bluetooth keyboard, but I can't get my iPad2 to discover it. Is there something special I need to do? Or are only apple-oriented Human Interface Devices able to pair with iPad2?
Thanks!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have an iPaq bluetooth keyboard, but I can't get my iPad2 to discover it. Is there something special I need to do? Or are only apple-oriented Human Interface Devices able to pair with iPad2?
Thanks!

I can use a Microsoft 6000 bluetooth travel keyboard with my iPad 2 so the problem you're having is not with Apple. You might take a look at some of the reviews for the iPaq bluetooth keyboard on Amazon. I've never used one but it does seem to have some "quirks" that might help you diagnose the problems you're having.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/HP-Ipaq-Bluetooth-Folding-Keyboard/dp/B00074U4VE]Amazon.com: HP Ipaq Bluetooth Folding Keyboard: Electronics[/ame]

DeniseB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
I can use a Microsoft 6000 bluetooth travel keyboard with my iPad 2 so the problem you're having is not with Apple. You might take a look at some of the reviews for the iPaq bluetooth keyboard on Amazon. I've never used one but it does seem to have some "quirks" that might help you diagnose the problems you're having.

Thank you. I am thinking of the Logitech Keyboard, since it also doubles as a protective cover. I had thought to try the iPaq one I have first. Just kind of amazed it didn't work... Oh well. Thanks for quick response!

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DeniseB said:
Thanks!

Did you go into settings on the iPad and in the general tab turn Bluetooth on?

DeniseB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPaq Bluetooth keyboard for iPad?

Yes. Bluetooth was set to on for iPad, and keyboard was in discoverable mode (yellow light) and right next to iPad. (new batteries)
The iPad just kept scanning for discoverable devices and finally quit.

Most reactions

Latest posts