What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth keyboard + mouse refusing to work together

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems this weird glitch is happening yet again.

I've got a bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth mouse that I use with my iPad; using the BTC Mouse+Trackpad tweak in order to use the mouse.

It works perfectly fine, but from time to time, the two devices will just outright refuse to function at the same time. They act as if they're both fighting over one bluetooth channel. If I type on the keyboard, the mouse gets disconnected and stops working. If I move the mouse, the keyboard gets disconnected and stops working.

This ONLY seems to happen when I'm in an internet-enabled app. In an offline word processor, I can type and move the mouse together with no problems. In Google Docs, or Chrome, or whatever other internet-using app, the two devices decide to start fighting each other.

Previously, I was able to fix this by un-pairing both devices, turning off bluetooth and rebooting the device, then pairing them both again....but that doesn't seem to be working anymore. Tried it twice and the problem still persists.

Any idea what's going on here? Not being able to use my mouse with Jump Desktop is really frustrating.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know? Still happening and can't seem to fix it no matter what I try.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry - not ignoring you. I just don't use those particular tweak combo, so I can't help. I am sorry for your troubles, however, and do hope someone can help you solve it.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the issue is that the tweak isn't allocating separate Bluetooth MAC addresses I think they're called for each device. I've only ever used a mouse with my iPad since I have a 3rd party keyboard case and they tend to work just fine possibly because one is already native so the other is just an addition rather than an amend. It's been an outstanding issue for quite a while now but I don't think the dev is able to recreate the issue. You can attempt to send them an email and ask if sending a report of the tweak can help them to diagnose it.

OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the issue is that the tweak isn't allocating separate Bluetooth MAC addresses I think they're called for each device.

Yeah, that's what it seems like. The two devices act like they're fighting over a single Bluetooth connection...slot/channel/whatever. When normally, they both connect and function just fine.

And stranger still, is that they ONLY do it when I'm using an internet-enabled app. In offline apps, the two devices have no problems, but as soon as I start using an internet browser or something, they start fighting each other to stay connected.

Now that I'm back at college, the two devices are mysteriously working fine again. Weird...I know it's not an interference issue at my house, because this problem started on Friday when I was at college. First class they worked fine, then I went to my next class and they started malfunctioning. Couldn't get them to work at all during the weekend when I was at home, but now that I'm back at college, they seem to be working fine again.

This whole situation is really weird. I'll try and contact the BTC Trackpad dev to see if he can recreate this issue.

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not one to go to for networking related discussions, Skull One is the better person to ask. It might be that iOS is only allowing 2 simultaneous connections total of Bluetooth, WiFi, data and/or hotspoting. I'll see if I can emulate the same thing and see if there's a quick fix for it or something

OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be that iOS is only allowing 2 simultaneous connections total of Bluetooth, WiFi, data and/or hotspoting.

Not sure why it would do that. Like I said, the two devices usually work perfectly fine together with internet-enabled apps, and they are now, but from time to time, they'll glitch out and just refuse to function together.

Still haven't gotten an answer back from the BTC people.

Most reactions