What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse refuse to work together

OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure what, but something seems to be messing with the bluetooth connection. While I was in my class, the two devices worked flawlessly together, but when I got back to my room and tried again, they started having problems.

However, I did notice something odd:

If I connected the mouse first, and then the keyboard, they would work somewhat fine, albeit with a little stuttering from the keyboard

BUT

If I connected the keyboard first, and then the mouse, the two devices had more issues with connection.

I'll keep experimenting with it.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
May be the sequence of execution. If possible, send an email to the developers with both scenarios and see if they can replicate it on their end or in one of the alpha or beta versions. I don't have access to my iPad at the moment and I don't have a Bluetooth mouse anymore to try it out, but I'll see if I can nick a mouse from work and try it

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying again in a different classroom, the keyboard and mouse work fine together. Tried turning the keyboard on first and then the mouse, and they still worked.

So perhaps it's something in my room causing interference? Not really sure what...my computer doesn't have WiFi, though it does have a bluetooth dongle, which is used only for the computer's bluetooth keyboard. I don't think it's the issue though, because even at home without my computer, I was still having these issues.

Might be some other bluetooth or WiFi interference, then.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts