What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BlueTooth Differences between iPad1 and iPad 3 with Teamspeak.

L

Lunar

I use an app called TeamSpeak, which gaming communities I am a member of, use for all their online chat during online gameplay.

Teamspeak can be used on most devices, including PC's/ Android/ and Apple of course. and it works pretty well, anyway rather than use my Apple earbuds with built-in microphone, A couple of months ago I decided to purchase a pair of bluetooth stereo headphones with mic, as I could never get my bluetooth single ear headset to work on my previous iPad 1, and had read that the bluetooth headphones with mic would work.

Sure enough, though dirt cheap at £19 and unbranded they connected first time and have proved to be pretty reliable, and are really great for listening to music or watching films ect...and sound pretty good too, so what's the problem you may ask....lol

Well although they work with music and films and everything else, they wont work with TeamSpeak for my online gaming which was one of the main reasons for buying them. The sound still came out of the iPad1 & not the headphones. This seemed very strange to me, as everything else worked okay, and it certainly wasn't anything to do with Teamspeaks settings.

Anyway, I never did resolve the issue with Teamspeak & these bluetooth headphones on my iPad 1 which my wife now uses btw.

However, when I came to try out the headphones with the same version of Teamspeak on my new iPad 3, I was very pleasantly surprised to find they worked okay in that as well. :)

So it's obvious that Apple are probably using a different updated bluetooth chipset or version than they did on the iPad 1... no big deal, but just something I noticed. I just could not understand why, if it worked okay with music and films or streaming TV for example, why the hell wouldn't it work on Teamspeak..
Anyone use Teamspeak on the iPad2 and does it work okay with a bluetooth headphone & mic.?.. just wondered if it was just a iPad 1 issue only.

Anyway.. just another load of useless info from me as usual...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
team speak works very good on iPad 2 also it has more to with the duel core that iPad 1 dose not have . I use it with people from realracing hd2 and the players that have ipad1 can not run both apps at the same but the players that have iPad 2 or 3 can run both the team speak and any game with no problems . the players with iPad 1 would have to use there ipad1 for the game a run team speak on a smart phone or a computer .

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
L

Lunar

team speak works very good on iPad 2 also it has more to with the duel core that iPad 1 dose not have . I use it with people from realracing hd2 and the players that have ipad1 can not run both apps at the same but the players that have iPad 2 or 3 can run both the team speak and any game with no problems . the players with iPad 1 would have to use there ipad1 for the game a run team speak on a smart phone or a computer .

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks for the replies, can you confirm that was when using Bluetooth headphones and mic with Teamspeak on your iPad2 ? I don't think it would be CPU difference that prevented the bluetooth headphones with teamspeak from working on the iPad 1, as I was running teamspeak only, and nothing else.
I would be inclined to think it's got something to do with better Bluetooth implentation on the iPads 2 & 3 models, as suggested.

Only reason I asked about it working on iPad2 was because one of our gaming members with an iPad2 asked me if Bluetooth headphones/mic worked okay with Teamspeak on the ipad2, as he was thinking about buying the same headphones, when I was telling him about them working on the 3 but not the ipad1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts