What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth device

zurctra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MY new iPad cannot discover blietooth device even if it is turned on in settings-general. Please help

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The bluetooth device needs to also be in discovery mode. You need to read the pairing instructions for that device and follow for that advice. Just being on does not make it discoverable.

OP
Z

zurctra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iphone and ipad in discovery mode but my ipad doesn't detect my iphone

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No you cannot pair an iPhone with an iPad, that being said you can connect them through some games.

OP
Z

zurctra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may be right. I wll try it on my android phone. I will post again if i encounter the same problem. Thannk you

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zurctra said:
You may be right. I wll try it on my android phone. I will post again if i encounter the same problem. Thannk you

I think knowing the purpose of the Bluetooth connection will assist us in assisting you. Bluetooth on iDevices is not as open as on other devices. The Bluetooth is typically limited to headset/handsfree, Bluetooth keyboard, audio streaming and tethering. File transfer by Bluetooth is not typically possible on an iDevice.

sopieyantie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi peter...i also have the same problem before...but i can fixed it now...i suggest you to using PhotoShare...you can download itthrough app store..i can connect my iphone and ipad through this apps...but it just to share photos only...you try to download this apps on your both gadget...

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Photo Transfer App to move photos and between my iPhone and iPad using Bluetooth and photos and videos using WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Celtic_iPaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I am having a similar problem but I am trying to sync my sons Skylander Portal of Power. He purchased the ipad app and would like to connect the portal via bluetooth. I have turned bluetooth on in my ipad general settings, turned on the portal of power, pressed the p'o'p' sync button and then the ipad shows the revolving search symbol but p'o'p' does not appear in the window of found devices before the sync process (rapid flashing red light) stops.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Celtic_iPaddy said:
Actually, I am having a similar problem but I am trying to sync my sons Skylander Portal of Power. He purchased the ipad app and would like to connect the portal via bluetooth. I have turned bluetooth on in my ipad general settings, turned on the portal of power, pressed the p'o'p' sync button and then the ipad shows the revolving search symbol but p'o'p' does not appear in the window of found devices before the sync process (rapid flashing red light) stops.

I don't believe the Skylanders game from the App Store requires the portal to work. I believe the portal must be used with the provided dongle on compatible consoles. I just checked the game, and the notes do not mention the portal at all.

I know for Skylanders Cloud Patrol, you need to activate the characters using the web card codes.

EDIT: it looks like with the Battlegrounds game, there is a portal specifically made for iOS, ie. Bluetooth. I think the standard console portal differs in some way. Battlegrounds looks like it has been released in the past week, so I guess the pack with the iOS portal and figures should be hitting stores, depending on where you are.

Last edited:

LostWages

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe the Skylanders game from the App Store requires the portal to work. I believe the portal must be used with the provided dongle on compatible consoles. I just checked the game, and the notes do not mention the portal at all.

I know for Skylanders Cloud Patrol, you need to activate the characters using the web card codes.

EDIT: it looks like with the Battlegrounds game, there is a portal specifically made for iOS, ie. Bluetooth. I think the standard console portal differs in some way. Battlegrounds looks like it has been released in the past week, so I guess the pack with the iOS portal and figures should be hitting stores, depending on where you are.

You need to buy the iOS Starter Kit, which contains a portal. Once you that you can add your toys. Works perfectly on all the Skylanders Games, like Lost Islands, Battlegrounds and Cloud Patrol.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need to buy the iOS Starter Kit, which contains a portal. Once you that you can add your toys. Works perfectly on all the Skylanders Games, like Lost Islands, Battlegrounds and Cloud Patrol.

Yep, my previous edit said as much. Although with the other games, you can just enter the token code that comes with the figures to activate the character in the game if you don't want to purchase an iOS portal.

Most reactions

Latest posts