What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth devices problem on iPad2

cronineugene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm totally new to apple again, it was 1984 I think when i had my last apple device. Love the ipad2 except some small problems.
I can see things like my Garmin Sat Nav on my ipad bluetooth, i can see my nokia N900 - though ipad says its incompatible. I cannot see my Sony Rolly even though mybnokia phone can see it.

Does anyone know why some bluetooth devices cannot be seen by ipad2 or why they are incompatible.

Also when i sync to my laptop, i cannot transfer photos from ipad to laptop - only from laptop to ipad.

Any help much appreciated,
Eugene :) ;)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Bluetooth on the iPad has limited functions and is used primarily for wireless keyboards, headphones, and speakers that interact via the BT technology - I own the Apple BT keyboard and a pair of BT headphones which work fine w/ the iPad. Not sure that the BT feature on the device can be used for much else, but I'd be interested in hearing others' comments. NOW, Wi-Fi provides a lot of different options from file transfer, storage, AV streaming, and more, so explore those possibilities.

Concerning photo transfer from your iPad to your computer, please check the posts and links in this THREAD, especially the discussion on the second page. Good luck and post back for further clarification and questions!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
C

cronineugene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys, especially the thread on the exporting of the photos. Good info.

You know how it is, sometimes you just can't spend the time trying out all the items. I do like that i can now edit photos. I also got a small app called filebrowser - it's pretty useful.

If I come up with any brainwaves I'll be sure to post.

THANKS again,
Eugene

Most reactions