What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blank app icon

bob877

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a blank app icon on my screen with word waiting underneath it. I cannot delete it and i dont know what it is there for
help please
bob

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I regularly have the same. What it is is an app that you've tried to buy but is in the step of authentication but the dialog box asking for your pass code never showed up.
There are two things that you can do. First, retry the purchase of that app so the authentication box appears. If it does not work go to phase two, do a complete shutdown and reboot. Press the power and home button simultaneously for three seconds. A red slider will appear, activate it. The iPad will shut down in about ten seconds. Then, restart by pressing the power and home buttons simultaneous for three seconds. The iPad will start back to life with an Apple logo and it may take several seconds. When it's on, that icon will be gone. If you still want that app retry purchasing it and it should work.

This behavior first occurred on my iPad when I purchased an app from a 3G connection instead of the usual wifi. Now it shows up every four or five purchases. I hope that will go away with the next upgrade...

OP
B

bob877

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried the reboot and it worked perfectly
Thank you
Bob

Most reactions