What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App blank icon

frankmail007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm installing an ipa manually to /private/var/mobile/Applications/uuid/my app. The only problem for me is the app icon is blank? Does any body have any idea how I can solve the problem?

Thanks

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you added a icon to it in the app package?
A note: Unix comandline /hello world is actually /hello\ world.
Also the best way to create a app (without Xcode) is to get a existing app from Cydia, SSH it to Putty/Terminal or mount it on your PC/Mac/Linux Desktop, delete the script and modify the other images, create your own script, change app name and put it into your iWhatever.

Did the best to help and welcome to iPad forums and hope you will/have enjoyed your iPad.

OP
F

frankmail007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, there is an icon in my app folder. (And I tested by installing through Xcode, the icon was shown correctly).

Actually the reason I want to install it manually is that I'm going to create an app like installous.

By the way, I tried the installBash.sh in installous, the icon is also blank after installation.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry can't help you about your other problem. I never jailbroken my iPad and I know only a little about any programming. I only know these stuff because I've got a book called "iPhone Hacks" which is great but outdated. I did my best to help you.

Most reactions