What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BlackBerry CEO Criticises Apple for Outdated iOS Interface

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
8270-iphone-5-1.JPG

With BlackBerry not doing so well lately, you’d think that their CEO would be more concerned with his own company than Apple, but according to a report on AppleInsider today, BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins told Australian Financial Review that the iPhone’s user interface “is now five years old.†Heins did, however, say that he has “respect†for the iPhone, before going to say “you can never stand still,†adding “it is true for us too. “Launching BB10 just put us on the starting grid of the wider mobile computing grand prix, and now we need to win it.†AppleInsider notes that there is a possibility that Apple might actually have some sympathy with Heins’ point of view, if the company’s replacing of longstanding iOS supremo Scott Forstall with Apple’s hardware design genius Jonathan Ive is anything to go by. On the other hand though, there were many other very well-documented reasons why Forstall and Apple parted ways, so maybe Apple is content to leave iOS largely untouched. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT]
BlackBerry CEO calls Apple's iPhone user interface outdated

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blackberry.

The company who owned the Enterprise phone market, and had no respect for Apple when the iPhone came out - predicting it a total failure.....

Yeah. I'll listen to their advice.....

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blackberry? Never again! Had nothing but trouble with mine for the past 12 months. Settings change by themselves amongst other things. Can't wait till my contract is up to get an iPhone.
Mike

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is just too funny. Blackberry thinks they have some creds, for some reason. I guess the very fact that they still exist is the reason for that. After all, it was the iPhone that put the nails in the BlackBerry coffin. :)

They are in essence saying: "hey Apple, we are still here!"

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do have to admit that my blackberry curve was the first smart phone that I owned that actually worked. Before it I had a Motorola Q that ran Microsoft OS (sorry, I can't recall the name of that dang OS right now). It was a total nightmare that lasted two years. It would reboot in the middle of the day, over and over. Totally useless. Then the blackberry curve to the recuse. It brought me back from the brink of phone insanity. My next phone was the HTC droid incredible. Fine at first, but that phone blew up before the end of my contract. That why I use an iPhone now. Compared to all previous phones, the iPhone is bliss. And saying iOS is dated is to totally ignore mall those apps. Apps are the phone, if you ask me. The OS is just not that important as long as it is not getting in the way.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do have to admit that my blackberry curve was the first smart phone that I owned that actually worked. Before it I had a Motorola Q that ran Microsoft OS (sorry, I can't recall the name of that dang OS right now). It was a total nightmare that lasted two years. It would reboot in the middle of the day, over and over. Totally useless. Then the blackberry curve to the recuse. It brought me back from the brink of phone insanity. My next phone was the HTC droid incredible. Fine at first, but that phone blew up before the end of my contract. That why I use an iPhone now. Compared to all previous phones, the iPhone is bliss. And saying iOS is dated is to totally ignore mall those apps. Apps are the phone, if you ask me. The OS is just not that important as long as it is not getting in the way.

Yes, my Bold before the one I have now was my first smartphone & was pretty good apart from the picture quality. The one I upgraded (laughter) to, my 9780 is a very frustrating piece of kit. As I said, I will not have another one. Roll on the next few months when I can get an iPhone.
Mike

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will admit I loved the original Blackberry "Bold".
It looked and felt elegant yet sturdy. Did everything I needed it to do at the tine. It's what came after that made me look at other devices.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Exactly my experience, thanks for the input :)

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new bb looks promising. I just hate how apple rushes products. They add a screen and then call it a new device. Stupid

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They are kidding, right lol??

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am talking about the new bb os not the old crappy one. I am serious when it comes to the insane apple releases. Most users cannot tell the difference between the ipad 2 compared to the 4.

I have yet to see a reason to upgrade

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember trying to send something to a friend of mine who had a Blackberry a while back. Seems that the whole server went down and many, many BB users were without the use of their phone to access emails, etc! What a shame to have that happen to your phone when you rely on it so heavily!

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I remember trying to send something to a friend of mine who had a Blackberry a while back. Seems that the whole server went down and many, many BB users were without the use of their phone to access emails, etc! What a shame to have that happen to your phone when you rely on it so heavily!

Ah, yes! Totally forgot about that. I think I was affected for 3 days here in the UK. Nice point, Skimonkey, very nice point.

Most reactions

Latest posts