What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did check the BB add and found that deal on the 4 (glad to know I wasn't going crazy) At any rate, that is a good deal and I haven't found any discounts anywhere on the 4 (unless Apple has one tonight.) As a rule, the great Black Friday deals on anything are those things the store only has less than a dozen of that you are one of the lucky to be in the line first for. I have got some great deals in the last 3 years that way. And I don't come any sooner than 2 hours before. If they don't have it, then go home. Do not pick up anything else but your great bargin you already researched before hand on your way to the checkout! And don't buy any of those cheap off brand electronics stores have as a lead in (really, a $49 tablet, a $99 HDTV???) If you can't afford anything but a $49 tablet, you can't afford to have a $49 paperweight useless item either.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
scifan57 said:
The companies get away with it because the belief in Black Friday shopping deals is so ingrained in American culture that almost nobody checks to see how much of a deal the prices actually are.

I would say Canadians are no different. A large percentage of Canadian retailers are participating in Black Friday. One bank card poll found 6 in 10 Canadians will start their holiday shopping on Black Friday.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks scifan57

I guess if someone received one as a gift they can always take it unopened to an apple store and let them check it and then they could probably get apple care it. Lucky for me less then a week ago an apple store opened only 15 minutes from where I live.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did check the BB add and found that deal on the 4 (glad to know I wasn't going crazy) At any rate, that is a good deal and I haven't found any discounts anywhere on the 4 (unless Apple has one tonight.) ....

Must be only specific markets..........our BB ad only has an iPad 3 on sale with a gift card, no iPad 4.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A price data survey released this morning by the Wall Street Journal and Decide Inc., shows many of the bargains advertised as "doorbusters" tomorrow, were available at lower prices at other times of the year.

AA

I've never done any black Friday shopping and don't plan to. Even if the prices were lower then, I wouldn't put myself through the ordeal, lol.

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrick9654 said:
Thanks scifan57

I guess if someone received one as a gift they can always take it unopened to an apple store and let them check it and then they could probably get apple care it. Lucky for me less then a week ago an apple store opened only 15 minutes from where I live.

I bought AppleCare for my iPad 4 on Apple's website. No inspection required.

Sent from my iPad 4 using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wingennis said:
I bought AppleCare for my iPad 4 on Apple's website. No inspection required.

Did you buy AppleCare at the time of purchase? In that case no inspection is required.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I've never done any black Friday shopping and don't plan to. Even if the prices were lower then, I wouldn't put myself through the ordeal, lol.

I've done it once but I did it online so no ordeal......I hate queues and crushes in shops so I'd never venture out to a one day sale!

The Archangel

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Did you buy AppleCare at the time of purchase? In that case no inspection is required.

No, I bought my iPad at Wal-mart.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing for sure, Apple doesn't! Know how to tell time. The Email said BF sale would stArt 12:01 California time . that's 2 am my time. They're Already 10 mins. late.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see Apple has the iPad 4 discounted............Nice deal for those in the market.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad

Wi-Fi
  • 16GB $458.00 Was $499.00 Save $41.00 Available to ship:
    1-3 business days
  • 32GB $548.00 Was $599.00 Save $51.00 Available to ship:
    1-3 business days
  • 64GB $638.00 Was $699.00 Save $61.00 Available to ship:
    1-3 business days
Wi-Fi + Cellular
  • 16GB $588.00 Was $629.00 Save $41.00 Available to ship:
    1-3 business days
  • 32GB $678.00 Was $729.00 Save $51.00 Available to ship: