What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals

mutts2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone heard if the iPad 4 will be reduced at Apple/WalMart/BestBuy ??? Would like to get a few bucks off the new one. I'll wait until Monday, and if not, i'll buy it at full price. The newest versions typically don't get discounted, but you ever know... I have heard that Apple may be discounting some of the "books" and the iPad 2.

UPDATE - Nov 22

Just ordered my iPad 4 from Best Buy. $60 off retail, free shipping and no Black Friday hassle !!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone !!!

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=6208462&pid=1218720727969

Last edited:

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I highly doubt it.......Apple is pretty firm and <I believe> sets the retail pricing for authorized outlets.

But what they might do (Best Buy does this frequently) is to give incentives..........like an in-store merchandise credit card.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read that Target or such was going to offer iPad with a $50 iTunes gift card or something like that. I don't remember the specifics, because I never bother with the hassle of Black Friday-type deals. But FYI in case you want to search for such.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check Best Buy (ad is up on the net) $50 gift card with the 4. Trouble is, standing in line....

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check Best Buy (ad is up on the net) $50 gift card with the 4. Trouble is, standing in line....

Cool Beans.......called that one pretty well. :p

I'll have to take a look at their ad when I get a chance.......I'm not one for shopping on Black Friday though.

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What if someone buys one this weekend for a gift for someone. It never gets opened until 12/25 or on the particular holiday they are celebrating . When would the warranty begin? Also would it be too late to purchase apple care?
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Patrick9654 said:
What if someone buys one this weekend for a gift for someone. It never gets opened until 12/25 or on the particular holiday they are celebrating . When would the warranty begin? Also would it be too late to purchase apple care?
Thanks

The warranty begins on the day the iPad is purchased, not when the gift is opened. In North America you can purchase AppleCare+ within 30 days of the purchase, subject to inspection at an Apple store. It would be easier to purchase AppleCare+ for the iPad when you purchase it. You can put the policy in the recipient's name when you do so.

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cyndy said:

Hi Cyndy so you Seen the iPad 4 with $50 gift card ad on the there web site? I can not find it

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought it was the 4, but I wouldn't be surprised if the "new" iPad they were talking about was the 3. And if that was the case the apple store has the best deal on 3s. In fact, I would be checking 12 midnight Pacific time on the Apple store for the best deals as the local stores are pretty weak on anything Apple compared to what Apple is offering Now on those last year's models of everything.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It has to be the iPad 3.........it says iOS 5.
I was at BB a few days ago and they have loads of iPad 3's piled up.....probably trying to unload them.

This Apple naming convetion is killing everyone!

This is on BB website for today only...
image.jpg
Select iPad® (3rd generation) with Wi-Fi. Choose 32GB black or white, or 64GB black. Plus free shipping.

Last edited:
OP
M

mutts2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone heard if the iPad 4 will be reduced at Apple/WalMart/BestBuy ??? Would like to get a few bucks off the new one. I'll wait until Monday, and if not, i'll buy it at full price. The newest versions typically don't get discounted, but you ever know... I have heard that Apple may be discounting some of the "books" and the iPad 2.

UPDATE - Nov 22

Just ordered my iPad 4 from Best Buy. $60 off retail, free shipping and no Black Friday hassle !!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone !!!

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...=1218720727969

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
A price data survey released this morning by the Wall Street Journal and Decide Inc., shows many of the bargains advertised as "doorbusters" tomorrow, were available at lower prices at other times of the year.

AA

The companies get away with it because the belief in Black Friday shopping deals is so ingrained in American culture that almost nobody checks to see how much of a deal the prices actually are.

Most reactions