What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schoff0310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess the glare issue and the fact that when I get a notification about a friend's move in WORDS WITH FRIENDS I have to restart the video. Very annoying! But I, too, carry it with me everywhere!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me it is not having BT OBEX file transfer. Having WM, BB, and Android I didn't think about researching this but took it for granted that it would.

kazzygal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DM51 said:
Sums it up very well.

This thread is a poll that may be used to register your opinion. Supplementary comments may be posted to elaborate on the reasons for your vote, but repetitive and interminable whining about an issue that has already been covered ad nauseam in hundreds of other threads is not welcome here, and such posts will be deleted.

That is ridiculous, people should be entitled to their opinion regardless of whether you agree or find them repetitive!

You do not have freedom of speech here. This is a privately owned forum. Read the rules and be very careful .

Last edited by a moderator:

kazzygal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
papabear55 said:
FLASH, but I solved that with splashtop app. Now I just need a way to print to a non air printer. I have an Epson wireless, but the Epson app is useless for anything besides pictures.

Hmmmm Sounds like a plan, what is 'splash top' ?

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Splashtop is an RDP... sorta. Fast, yet not suitable for remote maintenance unless the host is attended.

Also you'll have to bone up on your port forwarding skills.

kazzygal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
speedlever said:
Splashtop is an RDP... sorta. Fast, yet not suitable for remote maintenance unless the host is attended.

Cool thank you but that sounds well & truly out of my League.

Reaction score
Nah it's not. Team Viewer is a little more difficult but still pretty simple.
Buy the Splashtop app on the ipad, get the desktop streamer on your computer from the website(free) , follow the instructions. If you have questions or concerns there are a few threads about Splashtop that might help you out or just ask in one of them.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

appleeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most annoyances:

- User interface within apps not intuitive: no standard 'Menu' button as Android (Samsung) does have
- No shared files among apps other than photos

- Unable to upload files from ANY browser (e.g. photos to a forum, attachments to webmail). Even not files within the own browser app folder.

- No flash suoport for movies. The other flash swf images in sites atr mostly useless banners or poorly designed webpages where Flash is (ab)used for web forms or menus. What I miss is that I cannot view many online movies.
WORKAROUND: Azul Media player does show FLV movies on a website. Apple should enable this optin into Safari.

- Not allowed to make apps which act as a server (e.g. SSH server, VNC server) even with access only within the app's own folder

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The most recent release of Splashtop - with autodiscovery - doesn't need any port forwarding skills - it's totally plug-and-play. You simply tell Splashtop - both the iPad and PC app - your gmail address and that's it. Somehow it works out how to remotely connect from outside your home network. Works every time for me - truly brilliant. And there's a free, limited viewing time, version too, so there's no problem with trying it out.

Tim

Grimmlord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Repair coast for a broken screen is very expensive. I paid $ 417,45 for a new screen. Ok, they replaced the complete iPad but I needed only a new screen. Painful ! Oh, a USB entrance would be nice !

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The most recent release of Splashtop - with autodiscovery - doesn't need any port forwarding skills - it's totally plug-and-play. You simply tell Splashtop - both the iPad and PC app - your gmail address and that's it. Somehow it works out how to remotely connect from outside your home network. Works every time for me - truly brilliant. And there's a free, limited viewing time, version too, so there's no problem with trying it out.

Tim

Good to know Tim. I suppose my version has been auto-updated and I should take another look at it. Will it now survive a reboot? Or will a remote host need to be attended on site to log back on?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim

Good to know Tim. I suppose my version has been auto-updated and I should take another look at it. Will it now survive a reboot? Or will a remote host need to be attended on site to log back on?

It survives a reboot just fine as long as you don't need to log on. If you have multiple accounts and need to select an account, then - no - you need someone there. It's for that reason I don't have multiple accounts on my PC...

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts