What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gen from Oz said:
Other issues: speaker needs more volume, and I forgot to tick no USB port, am guessing next generation will prob have! And ITunes needs some work, I hate the way the synch has repeatedly wiped my music and photos and I have to reload them! Default should be manual synch.

No pre- orders for the IPad 2

thrawn60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I miss on the iPad is a terminal, so I can access my server and work through that. Other then that I found the iPad filling all my needs from email, website creations, most YouTube movies, web browsing faking..

Sure most apps cost money, would like there was more free stuff like android, but can't get all hehe

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I miss on the iPad is a terminal, so I can access my server and work through that. Other then that I found the iPad filling all my needs from email, website creations, most YouTube movies, web browsing faking..

Sure most apps cost money, would like there was more free stuff like android, but can't get all hehe

I use iSSH myself, the on-screen keyboard works fine and has special keys such as ESC along the top to make life easier. I also have the bluetooth keyboard for when I'm putting in more than a few commands at a time or doing more than minor editing.

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a photographer...no "direct" method for downloading (uploading?) a Compact Flash card REALLY bugs me. BJ

thrawn60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gleth said:
I use iSSH myself, the on-screen keyboard works fine and has special keys such as ESC along the top to make life easier. I also have the bluetooth keyboard for when I'm putting in more than a few commands at a time or doing more than minor editing.

That sounds good... Didn't know that there was a SSH for the iPad, will get that straight away, and I use the keyboard dock, so I can work on the iPad all day long, and its so nice to type on :)

Guess I you help me delete my biggest down side with this iPad... maybe the next step will be to replace the Linux box and the PC with mac... :)

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not really bothered with the lack of flash support to be honest, mainly because I barely visit any sites that utilize flash. And when I do, there's always my laptop for that.

My biggest gripe though, is that on some forums I frequent, my posts end up looking like a gigantic wall of text because for some reason, I can't paragraph on my iPad, so I end up having to edit my posts on my laptop. Which is annoying because it's inconvenient doing things that require 2 devices instead of just 1. But thankfully though, I don't have this problem with all the forums I frequent, like this one and Gaia Online.

Another gripe is the lack of multi-tasking. It's annoying every time I need to use 2 apps at the same time, and I have to get out of the app I'm using and go to the other one, then return back to the previous app.

dece

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not contented

regret after i bought ipad. just few days after i took it home,it didnt charge. got it back to power mac for replacement. So far iv been waiting for nearly a month now for it to be replaced. iv worked hard to buy this nonsense thing,and what have i got..disappointment.

Reaction score
dece said:
regret after i bought ipad. just few days after i took it home,it didnt charge. got it back to power mac for replacement. So far iv been waiting for nearly a month now for it to be replaced. iv worked hard to buy this nonsense thing,and what have i got..disappointment.

This doesn't right at all.

Whenever there is a problem with the iPad, just go straight to the Apple Store, they have an internal policy to replace the iPad if the problem cannot be fixed within ~12 minutes and would never leave you without a device.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
dece said:

Yeah....go to apple store. Not a 3rd parry

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, he has been banned. There are several free user's guides out there in various formats.

dece

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not contented

Hello guys, can i demand an immediate replacement from the apple? I have talked to an apple personnel and they are telling me lots of excuses. They told me they are waiting for the permits in customs to release the units. Why can't they just get available units from the store instead of waiting for new units to be shipped here? By the way I am from the philippines.

Jfn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Copy and paste, keeps wanting to copy while I am scrolling, irony know if it's too much or not enough pressure on the screen?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello guys, can i demand an immediate replacement from the apple? I have talked to an apple personnel and they are telling me lots of excuses. They told me they are waiting for the permits in customs to release the units. Why can't they just get available units from the store instead of waiting for new units to be shipped here? By the way I am from the philippines.

Sorry about your issue but we are NOT associated with Apple. this is a private forum. I have no answers for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts