What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Business - game discussion

Eiffel Tower

So after 10 Granite & 12 Silver Beams it's...
Upgrade tower to level 3 and then
25 Hammers & 10 Engineers

Sugarmagnolia said:
Under the settings icon is a toolbar that allows you to turn off the blue people icon...I'm not sure but maybe that will also help from adding more people. I'm too far into my city for those achievements :( wish I knew about it earlier!

Ok I tried that. Nope still added to population. Now I need to send another taxi

Look on the right hand of your screen for those buildings. Today the perfume shop is above the bundle of dollars.
I bought the Waffle House when it was on a sale instead of the sombrero place and the $9000+ every 15 minutes changed the game for me. If you can afford the building, get it!

Thanks! Do I need to be connected on Facebook or something to see the buildings? Above the bundle of dollars, I see the holiday square, not the perfume shop. Also, does anyone know the inputs for tortillas?

GAB IV said:
In case anyone is monitoring my progress to zero population, I'm under 78k now

This process is killing me. I am crawling down from 73k. I am now down to 69k, I estimate it will take months to get to zero. Sigh. I don't think I will have the patience to wait.

Does anyone know what these secret achievements are:
First-Class Builder
Elite Builder
The Fever Got me -
Home, sweet home -
Ingrate -
No excesses -
Marble Businessman -
Leave me alone -

Blankman said:
Does anyone know what these secret achievements are:
First-Class Builder
Elite Builder
The Fever Got me -
Home, sweet home -
Ingrate -
No excesses -
Marble Businessman -
Leave me alone -

Go look at pages 4-6 of this forum. The achievements that are known are contained there.

Off hand I know that ingrate is destroying 300 gifts that you receive (first place, then demolish) and that leave me alone is reducing your population to nothing by using taxis, etc and not replenishing your population.

Reviewing the older pages of the forum helps keep it clean from repeat requests and you'll discover a lot of other useful info and tips!

mcbane said:
Thanks! Do I need to be connected on Facebook or something to see the buildings? Above the bundle of dollars, I see the holiday square, not the perfume shop. Also, does anyone know the inputs for tortillas?

I don't believe so, but I think you need to be connected to the Internet. Also try going to the app store to make sure you have the latest update.

GAB IV said:
I went through that with the coffee shops and pools. Think of it as working the achievements. There are achievements for demo of structures. You are working those.

I'm on the admin and land buys nows, but will look at adding news stands now in advance. Thanks all

Ditto on all 3 buildings for me!! Helped with my entertainment achievements though :)

I'm on the granite and silver beams task....they're so stingy with beams!

Newb advice: get the 666 and 0 population achievements early. I was lucky (relatively) and only had to count down from 17k population,compared to others. Use a combo of taxis/buses and helping townspeople that walk around to help you reach exactly 666.

Do the "I don't need this territory" 3x3 achieve earlier than later when purchasing land is cheap, or do it with the Eiffel Tower quest.

Don't rush to build every production building that unlocks right away. It's tempting because you want that shiny new building but chances are it'll just end up sitting there because you have no trucks, no space in the warehouse or you didn't make enough farms, etc to actually feed it. Build that extra farm or ranch instead. You'll be grateful later. I personally have 4 farms, 2 mills, 2 ranches, etc - more early game production to help feed the late game buildings.

My economy revolves around feeding my sweet waffle cafe. You can check out my earlier post if interested. I'm only level 34 and make about $250k a day. But your mileage may vary depending on what buildings you have and how much you play. My highest production building built is furniture factory. There are 4 production buildings I've unlocked but never built. On the other hand I have 2 warehouses (60 slots) and 70 trucks so my buildings are always running, even when I sleep.

And lastly, make a "gaming" twitter and Facebook account for those related achieves. Your friends will thank you for not spamming them with big business tweets and posts all day long. Also nets you free cash from those "visit facebook" quests.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps. If you're like me and don't buy online cash, every little bit helps.

Thanks for the great advice!

I got lucky and towards the beginning just happened to get the 666 award before even knowing what it was. I'm working on the 0 population now and only have 1018 people left before reaching that goal....but considering I only had 2915 to begin with...it's not that big of an accomplishment.

I'm also working on the "don't need this" award and should have to soon.

I agree it is very tempting to get every building as soon as it becomes available, but I quickly learned to stick with only a couple and completely upgrade those before buying additional buildings. Right now, I only have the milling plant, confectionary plant, dairy factory, farm and ranch. But I'm doing a god job of making money and working on the awards before spending too much money on the other factories. And I'm only on level 18, so I think I'm doing pretty good so far.

Thanks for the advice, uberjuicey!

88k is now 80k. Key for me is to remove the roads around my housing. Thereby a stray hit does not grow back the population. I also stuffed my building inventory so I don't accidentally put an industrial building there that I can't put back because population too low.

Genius!!! I'm only 990 people away from reaching that goal and I HATE it when I accidentally his a house and it knocks my population back up. I took your advice and its great!!

This process is killing me. I am crawling down from 73k. I am now down to 69k, I estimate it will take months to get to zero. Sigh. I don't think I will have the patience to wait.

You can do it! Keep working at it and you'll eventually get down to zero!

Arcadia said:
Eiffel Tower

So after 10 Granite & 12 Silver Beams it's...
Upgrade tower to level 3 and then
25 Hammers & 10 Engineers

This process sounds endless :)

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back