What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big, big download

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A friend wants me to download for him onto his iPad an audiobook that's over 60 hours long. If I download it over 3G will it use up a lot of his 3G capacity and cost him money? If so, I'll do the download over wifi but when I see him we won't have wifi access. I don't know what his 3G plan provides but he probably has a pretty great package. I just need to know if this will be expensive for him before I do the download.

OP
M

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, he has wifi and so do I, but when I see him we'll be on 3G. I can take his iPad home and download it but when I see him there will be no wifi access so I was just wondering. He may not want me to take his iPad home with me, I dunno.

OP
M

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not being clear. YES! We can download it over wifi, but when we're together for several hours there will be no wifi access.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're not really being clear - why do you have to do the download together? Why can he not just do it on his own using his Wifi?

If he does not know how to do the search and download you can show him using a much smaller audiobook - maybe even a free one. Help him load up his account and he should have no problem when he goes through the later with Wifi. Tell him to call you and make sure his wifi is on before initiating the download.

OP
M

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The guy is clueless when it comes to this stuff. He has no idea how to do this on his own. I suppose I could set it up for the download, move it over to favourites and then he can do the download when he gets home to wifi. Thanks to the last two posters. I didn't think this would be that tough to get an answer. I thought the question was clear.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can gift it to him then he will just need to accept the gift when on wifi and the problem is resolved oh and yes as other users stated and not to be personal your original post was not clear hence why every one asked

Most reactions

Latest posts