What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beware "Flash Video Detect" App Scam!

xGary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was just browsing the app store and I came across this app that was in the top paid apps list called "Flash Video Detect" that claims to play flash videos, games, etc. So I bought it since it was in the top paid list and had decent reviews 4.5/5. When I opened the app all there was was so crappy browser, some garbage guides on flash, and some links to YouTube videos. Upon researching, I found that this app is one big scam. I'm gonna email Apple for a refund and hopefully someone gets some kind of class action lawsuit going so this scammer loses all the money he has scammed.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was just browsing the app store and I came across this app that was in the top paid apps list called "Flash Video Detect" that claims to play flash videos, games, etc. So I bought it since it was in the top paid list and had decent reviews 4.5/5. When I opened the app all there was was so crappy browser, some garbage guides on flash, and some links to YouTube videos. Upon researching, I found that this app is one big scam. I'm gonna email Apple for a refund and hopefully someone gets some kind of class action lawsuit going so this scammer loses all the money he has scammed.

I tried to look this app up but looks like it isn't there anymore. Maybe it already got pulled.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's in the Canadian app store for $10. OP, there's a thread for scams in the app section of the forum. If you are sure of your ground, would you mind posting this info there. It will soon get lost in this high traffic part of the forum.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Shamo62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchases it a couple of days ago and all that shows up on the app is a bunch of tutorial files. I want my $$ back!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For all that have purchased this App which the OP has mentioned--we ask that you contact the App developer as well as communicate your concerns with Apple for a refund.

Thank you.

Omegadude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some updated information for all of you on this app. I too had bought this app and found it to do nothing. I contacted Teddy Xue the app's seller and he told me he would refund my money and that there was an issue with the app synchronization with iCloud. After waiting two weeks I emailed him again and he said it would only be another couple of days. Well that couple of days came and went and no refund. So I contacted him again and informed him that I was contacting Apple and launching a formal complaint against his company and that I would do everything in my power to get his developers license revoked. He emailed me back swearing at me and informed me that he pulled his apps from ITunes and that I should conact my &$#%!? Bank. I forwarded his email to Apple as well. Apple informed me that I would get a full refund. This app was definitely a scam and it's rating was falsely inflated by positive reviews that I am pretty sure Teddy submitted or hired others to post. Since I'm new here I can't post the email address's for the apple support person or Teddy Xue but if you want them let me know. Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts