What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better cursor positioning in IOS6?

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Few weeks ago there was a new cursor positioning and word selecting method video demonstration by using the finger sliding over the keyboard.
Well i can't find it anymore but i also want to know if there will be any changes in IOS6?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That video you saw was someone's concept they were showing off. It was not an Apple/iOS 6 thing, just a private individual's neat idea.

The cool part is that a developer took that concept and made a tweak for it. Now, those with jail broke iPads can get it free from Cydia. It's called SwipeSelection and yes, it's pretty awesome! :D

I've not heard that Apple has any plans to implement this into the iOS...

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just thought I would add, I was sitting next to a chap on the train this morning. Both of us were using our iPad's on the table.

He obviously observed me using swipeselection as I was editing an email and was furiously trying to replicate the behaviour on his iPad!. After a few moments I explained to him that is was a tweak only available on jailbroken devices. A few minutes later he was committed to looking into jailbreaking his device this evening simply for that one feature! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts