What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best software keyboard for ipad mini?

Apple2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do we have any good virtual keyboard like the one we are seeing in Android? Having suggestions onscreen. For example SwiftKey keyboard and tons of others. I have jailbroken my ipad mini. Thanks in advance.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope. Not yet at least. If you want that, get an Android.

OP
A

Apple2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am already using android. Just for fun i bought this ipad mini. What I found in this short time is, that android is one million times better than apple products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am already using android. Just for fun i bought this ipad mini. What I found in this short time is, that android is one million times better than apple products. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In what way is android better,in your opinion? I have an android phone and I despise it so I'm trying to figure out what's so great about it.

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
I am already using android. Just for fun i bought this ipad mini. What I found in this short time is, that android is one million times better than apple products.

I just got this ipad air, coming from owning several android tablets and phones. My thoughts on the apple vs. android debate...

1. There is no android tablet even close to as good in terms of build quality And design to Apple. Not even close.

2. I like android over iOS, truthfully. More customization, more options. For example, I too want swiftkey or swype.

But the kicker...

Apple does an excellent job of integrating its software and it's hardware. That is why Apple products work better with less raw spec power than androids. This ipad air is blazing fast. Faster than comparable samsung or Sony products, with less resources used.

If Google were smart, it would use its acquisition of Motorola to do the same thing. Really optimize the hardware and software together, and design and build a truly Cadillac android product.

In phones, the war is much closer. The HTC one is a beautiful phone, well designed and well built. The samsung products are crap. I know, I own one.

My next phone will be an iPhone. I hope apple opens up a bit and includes more customization and outside software. But IMHO, their products are superior.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I found in this short time is, that android is one million times better than apple products.

It's actually a matter of opinion. I came to iOS just after the iPhone 4S was released. I was an Android developer, having created apps, themes and ROMS, and I'll never go back.

OP
A

Apple2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Zugzwang and ardchoille for your excellent comments. I agree that the build quality of apple products are superior. But I am not buying anything for it's build quality only. For me the driver is also important as well as the car itself. For example I have to install 3 different crape keyboards to solve my problem where as I am using an excellent one multilingual keyboard in Android. I couldn't find a single theme according to my taste. If I click any link, I am redirected to safari, which I don't like. I have much better choices. And so on. But again it's a matter of everybody's choices. If one is happy with what you have, then apple products are the best.

Sent from my neken N6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts