What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best password protection app

MIKERYAN7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new owner of iPad and would like help on selecting the best security app for my passwords and othe sensitive information.
Thank you

GlennTX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use LASTPASS.

They have an app that runs on just about every mobile device you can think of in addition to PC's and MAC's.

It automatically syncs to all your devices so you never are without your passwords.

Good Luck
Glenn

rainman4tech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+ 1 LastPass

Great little program and from what Steve Giubson said about it on Security Now I upped to the dollar a month plan. Works across the board Windows, Mac, Linux and iPad and as long as you start out with one good password your secrets will stay your secrets as no one has access to your info (if you forget, forget it).

Rainman

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like SplashID having used it for a very long time. It runs on PC, Mac, iPhone and iPad.

olivertimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use 1 Password as well for ages on all my devices. Very simple and easy syncing between all devices. What I like is that it has an autofill adon for Safari. You just click the button and you are logged in automatically on all websites.

Cheers

steppinwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently using RoboForm's iPad app which only provides automatic login within it's own internal browser. Do any of these password managers handle authentication prompts wherever they occur? There are lots of apps and alternative browsers that require login. For example, the Apple Store even requires login to download free apps.

It's frustrating to have to exit that app, go to a password manager, search for the login, memorize the user ID (I use different user ID's when possible), copy the password to the clipboard, navigate back to the app, type the user ID, paste the password in and then proceed.

Last edited:

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used Roboform on the PC in the past, I chose 1Password because that's what I use on my iMac and it allows me to sync not only my iPad but also my Droid 2 phone.

I would like to see it be more like on the iMac where there is a shortcut in the browser to it and when you need a password you just click the shortcut. It's easy enough however with multitasking to switch between screens and obtain your password. Hopefully with further development it will get even easier.

steppinwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RoboForm was quickly falling behind for a while, but made significant advances with RF 7 Everywhere. It syncs to iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android and Blackberry as well as Windows PC's and Mac's. The thing that spoiled me is RF7's ability to auto-fill passwords in Windows apps as well as in the major browsers including Safari.

But Apple has apparently locked third-party developers out of integrating with Safari on iOS-based devices (according to Siber Systems).

Last edited:

ipad 7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Secure

Buy the best......1Password Pro......lots of goodies coming in updates.

Cheers

Ogonzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GlennTX said:
I use LASTPASS.

They have an app that runs on just about every mobile device you can think of in addition to PC's and MAC's.

It automatically syncs to all your devices so you never are without your passwords.

Good Luck
Glenn

I've been using LastPass for years! Syncs on all devices and across most browsers - including RockMeIt! $12 per year for the iPhone app - can't go wrong!

NOHomeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to get RoboForm to work on iPad I. Menu shows up but does not have any info...just an empty menu. I tried to reload several times but no luck. Anyone have a suggestion. Thx

Snowmaven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Datavault. Latest version syncs using Dropbox and Wifi. No subscription to pay. I think Windows desktop version can import from Roboform or at least from text file.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use 1password pro. The only app I didn't lose my data on when I upgraded. It's linked to Dropbox and my laptop so I think it's brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts