What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock , Password , Security

jacksmadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looking and tryin to find some apps regarding security and looking things in my ipad , password protections , etc

anyone have any idea where can i find such apps ?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The built in password protection is a paltry four digits which can be found under your settings menu.
Other than that you are limited to apps like Stash which allows you to keep doc, pics and videos under much stronger password protection. Since my kids use this iPad when they can, I use that app to keep client details where they can't be interfered with.
I've also been reading that apple is making the mobileme facility of tracking and remotely wiping your iPad availble free as an app.

OP
J

jacksmadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx that was helpful

Thank u a lot that was helpful

I am checking these apps to figure out which one is the needed

Regards

The built in password protection is a paltry four digits which can be found under your settings menu.
Other than that you are limited to apps like Stash which allows you to keep doc, pics and videos under much stronger password protection. Since my kids use this iPad when they can, I use that app to keep client details where they can't be interfered with.
I've also been reading that apple is making the mobileme facility of tracking and remotely wiping your iPad availble free as an app.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Actually that is a new addition to the internal OS. Go to settings passcode lock, turn off simple passcode and you now will have the option to type anything you like as a password as complex as you want...and when you go to unlock it will now bring up a dialog with a black keyboard.

OP
J

jacksmadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx dear for your response

yea i know this feature in the OS , but what i am looking for is an application that may let me choose what to lock , such as 1 picture in album , 3 videos from all videos , some documents , some application , not all of them

so its not about the password complexity , its about what to LOCK

thanks alot

regards

Actually that is a new addition to the internal OS. Go to settings passcode lock, turn off simple passcode and you now will have the option to type anything you like as a password as complex as you want...and when you go to unlock it will now bring up a dialog with a black keyboard.[/QUOTE]

Most reactions

Latest posts