What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best one-handed case?

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
R

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As much of a klutz as I am, that seems like overkill, but certainly adding more protection than I was thinking.

OP
R

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I decided on the helostrap because it seemed like the best compromise of small, removable, rotatable and foolproof.

The Handeholder is intriguing, but the replace after 6 months deal is a prescription for forgetting and having an accident. It also uglifies the device even when not using the holder.

The Helo strap comes off easy, is smaller than most others and allows rotation. The ones integrated with a case mean you have to like the case and can't use things like the Zaggmate case.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
realistdreamer said:
I decided on the helostrap because it seemed like the best compromise of small, removable, rotatable and foolproof.

The Handeholder is intriguing, but the replace after 6 months deal is a prescription for forgetting and having an accident. It also uglifies the device even when not using the holder.

The Helo strap comes off easy, is smaller than most others and allows rotation. The ones integrated with a case mean you have to like the case and can't use things like the Zaggmate case.

My thoughts exactly. The Helo strap looks like it will fit no matter what case or cover you have.

Last edited:
OP
R

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. The Helo strap look like it will fit no matter what case or cover you have.

I'm sure I'll be able to use the HeloStrap to hold the iPad face up in the Zaggmate using the bungi straps. Seems a flexible solution, but not perfect.

I'd prefer a separation of the straps that attach to the back and the connection that rotates and attaches to your hand. Then, I can take off that hand piece and substitute a car mount, headrest mount or fridge mount. That would be a more flexible solution.

I'll probably try to make this out of the Helostrap if no one else creates it. I like multifunctional devices - hence my iPad2

egish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah that HeloStrap is sweet.. it give you the best of both worls. I can have my leather folio case and a one hand rotating strap as well. :)

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the ipad 2 and just picked up the hdmi av cable it works good i got for games like real racer 2 it works grate for that just had to go to tv settings and zoom for full screen and movies look good to i wish they had way to do this wireless but over all happy with the way it works

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Helo looks too expensive.

I would so get a grabbit because of its back case feature, but i don't live in Euro, and I don't see any developments for ipad 2

handstand has the capabilities but not the appeal for me. It looks functional however.

Griffin of course had to make their cheap functional product.

Hand-e...LOVE. I like the picture of the girl with it around her thigh will she is reading, but I doubt that it is that stretchy. Also I don't like the idea of sticking something directly on my iPad. That feels like it will limit my functionality.

IE. I pre-ordered a grovemade, handmade wooden case with leather smart cover attached. This will be my business case. However, I may want to change my iPad's clothes and slip it into a silicone case, or something more casual. I don't like the idea of having that 3M strip on there because inevitably it will wear out and I will have to buy another or my iPad will fall while I'm not an elevator and a 3 year old will step on it. NOT PRETTY. Hand-e is definitely on the right track. Maybe it should have a removable and sealable film that I could use when ready for the 360 fun.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just saw the different option for the leg holder in the store for Hand-E, as well as extra dual locks. They definitely have the accessories for their accessory? Has anyone tried modding something and it as a dash mount for the car?

OP
R

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my HeloStrap today. Simple, small, effective. Of course you could make one with a strong sewing machine, velcro, ballistic nylon and thin bungy strap. Didn't want to do that, so I bought this. Best of all, I took off the 'Helostrap' sticker - I hate stickers and logos - yes even little apple ones. I bought, it's mine.

chickenmumbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread made me want something with a handstrap like the Helostrap. I almost ordered it until I saw the Sleeve 360 over at the Woots community deals.
at Woot earlier. I ordered it at wiredforless and got it for only 20 beans using the code "WOOT"
I'll write it up when I get it cause there does not seem tobe much info other than a few vids at Youtube. Sorry I couldnt post a link but this is my first post. Im excited to be joining this community.

OP
R

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sleeve 360 looks like a good alternative as it seems to have flexible applications. You have to like the case though. Please do a write-up. When my whole setup arrives (Zaggmate, Gelaskin and iPad2), I'll take some photos and write a review.

Most reactions

Latest posts