What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Notes App - Engineering/Math?

CC268

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently a Mechanical Engineering major and would like to start taking some math notes/engineering notes on my iPad...however I need something that I can write very small on and fit a lot of writing on a single page (I have an Adonit Jot Pro stylus). I won't be doing any typed notes (at least not much) so I am really focused on trying to find something that is great for hand writing.

Also do you guys have any recommendations for a good "white board" app that I can easily do problems on and then erase (keep in mind I need to be able to write small as most my homework problems are quite lengthy).

I am actually not a big fan of apple, and have recently thought about going to an Android (that is ,my area of expertise I guess you could say), but I want to give the iPad a try.

Nostrebluc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notability, noteshelf, penultimate are great apps for handwriting. Noteshelf and penultimate have the most natural ink and Noteshelf has a Zoom feature where you can write big in a box but appear to be small on the original paper, notability also has this, but I'm not sure about penultimate.

They all cost a dollar except Noteshelf which is $5, but I think the best (for handwriting) is Noteshelf, IMO.

Hope this helped :)

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nostrebluc is spot on. Notability is pretty good, noteshelf too. If you want typed notes I suggest Daedalus touch and Evernote (free) or Pages

Most reactions

Latest posts