What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best note taking app for iPad

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks an interesting app - something I may test out for my group here at work.

Chrisky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use for my daily business a taking notes app for iPad called Beesy. It is targeted towards business professionals who have the need to manage their teams, projects and their own To-Do list in a single app.

Beesy provides a smart note taking app that understands the underlying tasks and suppresses unnecessary operations.
It addresses 3 main pain points of business meetings:
- Quickly take notes during meetings and do not miss critical information.
- Send instant meeting minutes right after the meeting in less than a minute
- Easily follow-up on actions with a powerful To-Do organizer reusing 100% of your notes and your calendar.

[... or itunes link http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beesy/id499578384

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to update you (Asharp) that Notes Mobile will let you search your handwritten notes. It's on a promo price right now it seems. It comes from the same folks that publish MyScript Memo if that helps.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just thought I would update my previous comment: for handwriting and annotating pdf's, GoodNotes is the clear winner.

It does have a downside: pdf files render somewhat slowly upon turning a page.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greg44 said:
Just to update you (Asharp) that Notes Mobile will let you search your handwritten notes. It's on a promo price right now it seems. It comes from the same folks that publish MyScript Memo if that helps.

I wish I'd seen your post sooner!

Thank you for the update though.

krzysiekwie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to be able to add a PDF or PowerPoint that I can scribble all over.

Any thoughts?

Notability can handle PDFs this way on the cheap (but well enough), notes plus as well (but it crashed on me more than twice last week)

What I miss in notability (and any other handwritten notes app) is the rich formatting feature for typed text.
I'd love an app that can take a part of a website from the browser and paste the text and images into a textbox-like area on the page but also let me anchor my handwritten notes to that area (so that they can be moved and resized together). Especially I'd pay good money for a feature that would let me increase line spaces in typed text, add handwritten comments between lines and keep everything together, even if that means rasterising text at some point so that it can't be edited after that)

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apologies in advance but with 60 pages I am not sure if this has been asked.....
I'm currently seeking a Diary/Journal on the lines of 'My Own Diary HD'.
I love the look of this App but it has one flaw in that it doesn't support multiple colour pens or highlighting.
Could anyone recommend a similar in looks App that can handle colour and highlighting.

Thanks in advance
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No reply...... Okay lets try again:-
Whilst I am still searching for that elusive Diary/Journal as above, going back to the Notetaking Apps I'm suprised there has not been a lot of mention towards Notes Plus.
Granted it is expensive and if you want the automatically conversion of handwritten to type you have to pay extra on top I will say of the features offered it does seem to cover them all.
I'm at a toss between Notes Plus and Noteshelf. I like the integrated browser and hand drawn shapes converter of Notes Plus but the ease of Noteshelf does draw me as well.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I stopped using Noteshelf because I didn't have access to the full note page in landscape.

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stopped using Noteshelf because I didn't have access to the full note page in landscape.

Yeah, I'm still thinking is one of the best note taking apps but the landscape issue is becoming too much of a downside for me.

Peteo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beards said:
No reply...... Okay lets try again:-
Whilst I am still searching for that elusive Diary/Journal as above, going back to the Notetaking Apps I'm suprised there has not been a lot of mention towards Notes Plus.
Granted it is expensive and if you want the automatically conversion of handwritten to type you have to pay extra on top I will say of the features offered it does seem to cover them all.
I'm at a toss between Notes Plus and Noteshelf. I like the integrated browser and hand drawn shapes converter of Notes Plus but the ease of Noteshelf does draw me as well.

I like notes plus allot. It has tons of good features, like being able to have a browser, PDF or other document open on the left side, also being able to cut part of the document, picture, web page and paste into the note taking part is great. Text conversion is also nice, though only about 70% accurate. It also supports a few "smart" pens that can help make hand writing easier (though these pens are not perfect, wish apple would jump in with their own)
All that being said, the program is a little bit buggy and can be slow on iPad 3 & iPad mini.

I've switched over to notability, which has improved allot and seems to have the best performance and a good feature set. Noteshelf is also good app but for me notability beats it.

We have some very good noting apps on the iPad, some of the best of any tablet. But the gold standard is one note on a windows tablet with a digital pen (one note for iPad sucks). I don't think this can be beat until apple comes out with a digital pen for the iPad. Unfortunately it does not look like they will do this (they seem to be very stubborn about this)

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Peteo.
Good comments there.
Yes, even my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with it's wacom pen and multi window beats the iPad at cutting pasting objects and text. Plus with the Note 10.1 I can load any app with the Notes app.

Anyway, I'll have another look at notability.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was just reading this thread this morning over coffee and then decided to go through and see what note apps I have, which seem to be too many (if only I could take all my likes from them and merge them into 1 app).

I did just notice that 'the note, Moka!' is a free app today. I downloaded it but have never used it or messed with it yet. Just wanted to let you know of it before it goes back to a paid app.

Most reactions

Latest posts