What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Keyboard for iPad 1?

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really hate the idea of adding a keyboard because I think it defeats the purpose of the iPad, but, I am looking to use it as more of a desktop/laptop replacement, and extended typing on the onscreen keyboard can be a little cumbersome. So, I am reluctantly investigating keyboard options.

I have found a number of them and most meet with mixed reviews from tech sights and users alike. The one that seems to be the best in form and function is the Zaggmate.

Any personal experience with the Zaggmate or any other keyboard?

Anyone know where to get them cheaply? The best I have found is in the $50 range for a used one. Still seems kinda high for an iPad1 accessory.

Thanks

OP
G

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wish me luck. I bought a used Zaggmate on eBay for about $18 shipped. We will see how it turns out.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are looking for a keyboard only to use on a desk (and to remain pretty static, like a docking station) try and track down the original Apple Keyboard dock (discontinued now). I have one on my desk at work and it really fits the bill!

johnodd4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Myself i purchased a Ihome Case with keyboard it cost me 50.00 u.s and it works nice but i wouldn't pay any more then 50.00 for a keyboard

Most reactions

Latest posts