What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best inexpensive printer for printing coupons on iPad and iPhone?

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want to buy a printer and have it print coupons without having to try a million in one things to get it to work, I have been told an HP printer will allow me to print directly from the iPad and/or iPhone, and that is all I want to do. Help, please?!

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Qwho said:
I just want to buy a printer and have it print coupons without having to try a million in one things to get it to work, I have been told an HP printer will allow me to print directly from the iPad and/or iPhone, and that is all I want to do. Help, please?!

Qwho --
HP has quite a few printers that support AirPrint. Some require firmware updates to enable the feature. Here's the list at the moment. Hope you find one that will work for you.

HP Officejets
The following Officejet printers are compatible with AirPrint. These printers might require a firmware update to enable AirPrint compatibility, depending on the model and purchase date.

HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer Series
HP Officejet 6100 ePrinter Series (H611)
HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One Printer Series (E710)
HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Printer Series (H711)
HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series (H711)
HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer Series (E910)
HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter Series (N811)
HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One Printer Series (A910)
HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer Series (N911)

HP Photosmarts
HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer Series (B210)
HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series (C310)
HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer Series (C410)
HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-One Printer Series (B111)
HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series
HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer Series (B211)
HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer Series
HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer Series (C311)
HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer Series
HP Photosmart eStation e-All-in-One Printer Series (C510)
HP Photosmart Ink Advantage e-All-in-One Printer Series (K510)
With a firmware update : HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer Series (B110)
With a firmware update : HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer Series (D110)

HP LaserJets
The following LaserJet printers are compatible with AirPrint. These printers might require a firmware update to enable AirPrint compatibility, depending on the model and purchase date.
HP LaserJet Pro 100 Color MFP M175nw
HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M251 Printer Series
HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M276 Printer Series
HP LaserJet Pro CM1415 Color Multifunction Printer series
HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer
HP LaserJet Pro CP1525 Color Printer Series
HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf Multifunction Printer
HP LaserJet Pro M1213nf Multifunction Printer
HP LaserJet Pro M1214nfh Multifunction Printer
HP LaserJet Pro M1216nfh Multifunction Printer
HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw Multifunction Printer
HP LaserJet Pro M1536 Multifunction Printer Series
HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer
HP TopShot LaserJet Pro M275nw
HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M251 Printer Series
HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276 Printer Series

MayX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having problems with printing coupons to my Hp laser pro p1102w printer. Coupons.com app doesn't detect my wireless printer. I've made sure the wireless button is checked, they both are on the same network. I have installed eprint app to the pad. But it's still not working. I'm out of ideas.

OP
Q

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for the list of hp airprint printers, but I was hoping for firsthand knowledge from someone that has an hp printer and has printed from the
coupon sites/apps

I'm having problems with printing coupons to my Hp laser pro p1102w printer. Coupons.com app doesn't detect my wireless printer. I've made sure the wireless button is checked, they both are on the same network. I have installed eprint app to the pad. But it's still not working. I'm out of ideas.

that is exactly what I am afraid of, buying another printer, I have a wireless canon printer right now that I love, but I cann ot
print coupons from my ipad and iphone using it, so if I buy another, I want to know it will let me do so without jumping thru a
million hoops

cep1ba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need a wireless air compatible one. I have a Brother DCP-J315W which works well with ipad and has very cheap ink.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MayX said:

MayX :

Looks like this was a known issue with coupons.com a few months ago. See discussions linked below. You might try to contact them for help, perhaps they have resolved the problem. Can you print from other apps like Mail? If you can, it's likely a problem with the Coupons.com app.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4262245?start=0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2688828?start=135&tstart=0

If you find a solution, let us know.

MayX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A wireless printer alone won't work. The printer has to have "AirPrint" capability for it to work with the iPad, just as dhewson777 said.

My printer does have AirPrint, its one of the one that listed in posted above. I'm to the point that I'm going to return it and get another. This will be the 2nd printer that I'm returning. Let's hope the next one Hp printer I get will work!!

OP
Q

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I had success! after receiving a rather expensive Epson printer for Christmas and never even opened it because I knew it wasn't an HP, We then purchased an HP laser printer that would not print from coupons.com app even though it said air print... So I purchased the very inexpensive $49 HP 3050a printer from Walmart, And it printed coupons from the coupons.com app right out-of-the-box, setup was easy too. I can now print coupons from my desktop, my iPad and my iPhone.

Two things I have not figured out however. One is how to not print in color from the app on the iPad and iPhone. But that is not a huge deal because I intend to only print using black ink anyway and I have already ran out of the starter color ink that came with the printer, And so far it is allowing me to print with the color cartridge removed and just the black one in the machine.

I cannot print coupons.com brick coupons. Those are the ones that take you directly to print a coupon from a limk and you can't get to them from the app. If anyone knows of a way to do that please let us know.

I also have a fairly new wireless Canon printer that I love that did everything but print coupons from the coupons.com app and I would like to be able to continue using it as well as the HP printer until I use up the new ink cartridge that is installed, But I have not been able to figure out how to switch between the printers. I thought I would be able to just select the one I wanted to print from as the default but thus far that has not worked.

MayX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I had success! after receiving a rather expensive Epson printer for Christmas and never even opened it because I knew it wasn't an HP, We then purchased an HP laser printer that would not print from coupons.com app even though it said air print... So I purchased the very inexpensive $49 HP 3050a printer from Walmart, And it printed coupons from the coupons.com app right out-of-the-box, setup was easy too. I can now print coupons from my desktop, my iPad and my iPhone.

Two things I have not figured out however. One is how to not print in color from the app on the iPad and iPhone. But that is not a huge deal because I intend to only print using black ink anyway and I have already ran out of the starter color ink that came with the printer, And so far it is allowing me to print with the color cartridge removed and just the black one in the machine.

I cannot print coupons.com brick coupons. Those are the ones that take you directly to print a coupon from a limk and you can't get to them from the app. If anyone knows of a way to do that please let us know.

I also have a fairly new wireless Canon printer that I love that did everything but print coupons from the coupons.com app and I would like to be able to continue using it as well as the HP printer until I use up the new ink cartridge that is installed, But I have not been able to figure out how to switch between the printers. I thought I would be able to just select the one I wanted to print from as the default but thus far that has not worked.

Yay!! That's great to hear!! I have an Hp 3050 printer, not the 3050a wireless one. Maybe I just need to go and get that one too. Was hoping to find a laserjet one that works, that way we don't have to replace the ink often.. But guess it isn't happening..

zunigan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an epson 430 it has AirPrint but it does not print well. Can anyone suggest a good printer..maybe one that prints pictures good, doesn't use the most expensive ink, and does copy, scan and all that. I am tired of printers that don't print well, and just pieces of junk. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts